News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

WTB WR400 or WR426

Started by torgo, March 08, 2013, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgo

Hey, if anyone has a WR sitting around and they want to see it ridden, or if anyone knows someone. Let me know.

I'm in the market for a WR400 or 426.

Thanks
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Lonesome Dave

Hey Torgo, I just realized I know a guy with a wr426.  It's got problems.  I think its an 2001.  I know its not the aluminum frame.
I bet 200 to 300 would get it.  If your interested, let me know.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Osnabrock

If memory serves me correctly, you can put one of these fancy tanks on the steel framed WR450's.
http://justgastanks.com/product_info.php?products_id=574
I think there's some change that makes it hard, but not impossible, on the AL framed ones. 
Those bikes are ones that I keep my eye open for and will pass along word if I spot one Torgo.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

torgo

Lonesome Dave,

Yeah I would be interested, I like working on the damn things almost as much as riding them.

Thanks

Fletch

Have you ridden a 426 in the woods? If so and you still want one you are a better man than I.. ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Quote from: Fletch on April 07, 2013, 09:04:53 PM
Have you ridden a 426 in the woods? If so and you still want one you are a better man than I.. ;)

Really?   I must be ruined by riding KLRs and DRZs.   I think the WR450s and WR426s are pretty awesome!

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on April 08, 2013, 07:06:36 AM
Quote from: Fletch on April 07, 2013, 09:04:53 PM

Really?   I must be ruined by riding KLRs and DRZs.   I think the WR450s and WR426s are pretty awesome!

I thought the 426 was great in the open, but a handful on technical single track, but then I lack a certain amount of skill.. ::)

Hank

Probably true compared to something smaller and lighter.   Its all relative though.  If all you've ridden are big pigs a 426 feels like a feather!

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on April 08, 2013, 08:08:49 AM
Probably true compared to something smaller and lighter.   Its all relative though.  If all you've ridden are big pigs a 426 feels like a feather!
true, I I would agree they are great for an open Hare scramble (Renner).

Hank

I rode my WR450 all over up at Akeley which is really tight woods and thought it felt so nice and light.  Of course my other ride was the DRZ.   Guess I better try someone's 250 :)

Hank

Did the WR426 deal happen?    My brother in law might be needing a carb for his 426... if that one is still around.   Actually he'd take the whole bike for $300.

torgo

It turned out to be a YZ426. No lighting coil, close ratio gearbox.  Not what I was looking for.  Thanks

greatbuffalo

I kinda like that gas tank. Might need to look into that for my 2 fiddy.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?