News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Missouri River Bluffs

Started by loingrader, August 07, 2010, 12:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

Foster and I did a little scouting for thistles on some ground north of Chamberlain on the Missouri river.  It was some pretty country for central SD.

those are mayflies swarming foster.  they liked his scent.

trying to keep my bike from falling over in the very wet bentonite long enough to snap the photo.

foster is telling me about a fort that is under the water around the bend behind him

the perfect image.  great scenery with a beautiful klr included

foster taking a picture away from the sun (and the awesome river below)

1 more for the klr fans.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

plumber mike

Wow! Good stuff. I've never spent any time over there, but it sure looks nice.
Is that public land?

Thanks for sharing.

numb41

Mike, This is private land.  Small piece; I don't think it's a 1/2 section.  Tight, steep with ruts and slides put in here and there.  I am attempting to put my photos in here.  My puter here at work won't let me in on photobucket.

numb41

explanation of photos (hey I suck at this)
#1 Bret crossing a muddy spot and into a steep section.  He chugged right up.
#2 Bret, this is like a photo you could give your mom.
#3 The two bikes.  I would say we were 2/3'rd down from the top of the property, to the water.

numb41

I have more...
In this line up: Bret is as close as he can get to the water line w/out going over the cliff.
Next: my bike found a deep rut. Can you say target fixation?  FWIW, Bret didn't fare any better.  We tipped our hat to this passage and turned back.
Last one: Answer; I broke it before and yes it still works.

Dr Psyko

Thanks for the photos, looks like fun!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

grubbie

Nice pics guys, missed you at the fall rally Foster! Maybe next year, ride safe.