News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

What do you think?

Started by GlennB, October 25, 2015, 04:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennB

Hi all,
Here's a Dl650 I found in MN.  I talked to the guy and he said it was stored outside under a tarp/awning and in a storage shed during the winter.  The price seems good but should I be concerned about the outside storage?

Not sure if this is the right place for this question.

Any thoughts?

http://duluth.craigslist.org/mcy/5280492151.html

Glenn

Hank

Its only 18 months old, so I wouldn't be very concerned.  Stored under a cover in the summer and a storage shed in the winter is better than a lot of bikes ever get.   Looks like a lot of bike for the money to me.

Lonesome Dave

That looks like a pretty good deal.  I'd ask if he's ever dropped it.  Odd color hand grips for 18 months.  Tires don't look very good for adventure riding, but certainly good enough to start off next spring.

Remember I have crash bars that should fit it and a trunk box that looks like a Givi.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

MSRP on this machine was $8499. I know cause I considered one. Doesn't look like a bad deal with around 2K on the clock. I'm with Dave that those tires need to go. I made that mistake when getting into ADV bikes. Ask about the first Spring rally I attended after buying my big Tiger.

Those grips look like the gummy ones that were probably swapped out cause he didn't like the feel if the stoke ones.

Seems fair to me.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

i would say it's a pretty good deal, really like the color.
keep the current tires as spares and get a beefy-er set if you plan on doing anything more then forest gravel roads.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

GlennB

Thanks guys for the input.  I now have to decide if I'll take two days to go get it or look for something closer to home.  I have a line on an 2007, with 12K for $3600 locally that I also am considering.  I'll keep you all up to date.
Glenn

tannerc

I wouldn't be scared of V's with mileage, it is a solid engine that has proven its longevity over and over again, as long as the operator did his part with the maint. Plus you get the benefit of some farkeling already done.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Does it have ABS?  I think that would seal the deal if it did.  I always like low miles and newer year, so when you sell it later, it always helps.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !