News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

***SOLD*** CBR1100XX FS/FT

Started by loingrader, September 25, 2011, 04:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

I'm selling my XX and hoping to pick up a little Strom 650.  If I like the Wee, Barbie may be headed over to Zambia.  Can't hardly believe I'm saying those words, but I've got a lot of bikes in my garage not being ridden much so I'm going to thin the heard.  Maybe.   ;)

Details here.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16929104#post16929104
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Shocking news indeed!  :o

The Blackbird AND the KLR gone in one fell swoop!  Sorta unbelievable.....

I would LUV that BB I'm sure, but another bike is not in my future for quite some time I'm afraid.  Josh's GS kinda tapped me out.  ;D

Good luck on the sale/trade!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Dr Psyko

Beautiful bike Brett. If  send a couple of my bikes over to your garage, will they emerge as clean and well farkled?
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

greatbuffalo

Thats a very sweet ride. My back would never allow me to ride in that position for long these days. Very well appointed sport tourer.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Quote from: greatbuffalo on September 27, 2011, 09:54:07 AM
Thats a very sweet ride. My back would never allow me to ride in that position for long these days. Very well appointed sport tourer.

The seating position probably isn't as radical as you think.   The Heli-bars do wonders.
With the tubular bars I have on mine you sit pretty much upright, very slight forward lean.

If Bret insists on selling this (despite my best efforts to talk him out of it), it would be great if it stayed local.  I think the Blackbird population in SD will drop by at least 10% if it leaves the state!

loingrader

Quote from: Dr Psyko on September 27, 2011, 09:28:50 AM
Beautiful bike Brett. If  send a couple of my bikes over to your garage, will they emerge as clean and well farkled?

sure, as long as you send a credit card along with it!

and GB, it looks uncomfortable, but is amazingly, surprisingly, comfy!  for me anyway, being about 6'2" it just fits perfectly.  if you notice the handlebar to seat height, the bars are up there quite a bit.  nothing like the little sport bikes that have the bars at equal or lower height than the seat.  
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on September 27, 2011, 10:03:43 AM
If Bret insists on selling this (despite my best efforts to talk him out of it), it would be great if it stayed local. 

That would be my dream too so I can get her back easier once I realize the error of my ways (if I haven't realized them already!)