News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

FS: Two Honda CBR1100XX - 97 and 03

Started by Hank, February 17, 2012, 10:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Not a likely place to sell these, so I'll keep it brief.  More info (and pics etc) available - just ask.

I do have solid bites on both bikes, but you never know until you have cash.

1997, in black with ~19.4K miles - completely loaded with farkles - including USD forks from a Hayabusa, Penske shock, Corbin seat, ultra plush tubular handlebars for gentlemanly comfort, SW MoTech racks for Givi bags (bags not included)... and much more.   It's a wheelytastic über sport touring monster, that can do a smokey rolling burn out one second, a stoppie the next, and still pull off SS1000 before dinner.
Some minor engine massaging (pipe, jets, ignition advance) has given it a ~15hp (butt dyno certified) boost over stock while still maintaining 45 mpg highway with 220+ mile range.
I'd like to get around $4400 for it, which is way over book, but you couldn't begin to replicate it for that money.

I have an interested party, seems serious, but no commitment.. so first come first serve.

Next up:

2003, in black with 14.5K miles.   I've only had this one briefly, but its a nice bike.   The 03 has FI (97 is carbed) and has a Micron 4 into 1 with Power Commander.  Other than its stock.   Decent rubber, good condition.

I'm asking $4200, which is about $700 below book.   I'm pretty sure this one is sold, but I won't know for sure for a week.

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

2003 is sold and I have a d/p on the 1997...

Dr Psyko

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

Perhaps....  :evil

File it under "WTH am I thinking..."

Hank

The 03 is long gone, but I still have the 97.   I've been slowly pulling parts and returning it closer to stock.   Some of the dismantling is still in process, but in a week I hope its wrapped up.

Current list of mods:

USD forks from a 2003 Hayabusa, fully adjustable
Custom CNC machined and annodized tubular bar mount with LSL aluminum superbike bar
   This required new cables and stainless steel brake and clutch lines.
Buell pegs (1" lower)
Speedohealer
ZG touring windshield
Wolo bad boy air horn
Dual HID lights
MagKnight magnetic tank bra
12V socket on the inner fairing panel
Yamaha R1 rectifier/regulator (the stock R/R was the only weak point on the whole bike)
Updated cam chain tensioner

Rear tire is excellent, front tire is fair, chain and sprockets have maybe 5K miles left in them.

Hank

Dr Psyko

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.