News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2012 BLACK HILLS MOTORCYCLE SHOW OFFICIAL THREAD

Started by Sportfaller, January 24, 2012, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

seems as though we all have kids so how about something like applebees or Buffalo wild wings?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Which ever one can accommodate the group sounds good. I have 4 in my group. Does 6'ish sound like a good time? I'm easy. earlier or later works
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

I'm headed West. When someone decides where we will meet, will someone give me a call. If not I will try to check in later on my netbook.

See you guys later.

Fletch

BWW proabbly has more capacity (since it is satruday night), 6:00 sounds good to me?

Lonesome Dave

Hey everyone, writing this for "Greatbuffalo";  The meeting tonight is at Buffalo Wild Wings @ 6:00 pm.   Dan is running up to Spearfish this afternoon and will be back later for the meeting.  Anyone have questions can call him 605-770-6879 or my home 388-8828.
Thanks, LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Sportfaller

So, I'm a total jackass, spent the afternoon out fishing and when I got home I crashed on the couch.... For 2 hours.... sorry I missed everyone. Was anything decided? Soooo we have a head count?

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

I, Fletch and Lonesome Dave was there. We came up with some ideas. I thought as discussed earlier to set up a tent or two. Can some on make a fake fire thing? I will, with the help of my son, steal some pics off the forum, print them and create a couple of display boards using some trail maps as a background. We would also like to create a liitle outdoorsy/woodsy look to the display; some small logs, Dave said we was gonna try to find some fake rocks. We'll need someone local to bring a table and a couple chairs if they don't provide them at the venue. would really like to have some T-shirts but that may not be possible. I wish we could get something to hand out. josh had said something about stickers. We need to get a list of who can come out and man the display so we can break up the day. Can you stay away from fishing fishing for a while? ;D

There's a few ideas. I may be missing something and if I remember anything else we discussed I'll drop another post.

plumber mike

I'm setting aside the whole weekend, so I can hold down the fort for a while....not too long a strech as 5 year olds get bored quick, and so do their dad's ;D

Sorry I missed you guys yesterday....was out pickin'. Safe travels home Greatbuffalo.

See you all in 2 weeks

jacin theis

Sorry i missed it too. I have church on Saturday evenings. I plan to be there, but not when and times. When do we need to get the bikes in the building?
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

I plan on spending the weekend there, my fiancé will be out of town, and I won't have anything to do without the bike. I don't know if we will need a table, but I planed on bringing a camp chair, and my tent. Jacin, will you bring your nomad tent? I can round up some small logs to lay on the floor to mark the edge of our area. I'll look on amazon for one of the fake campfires. I should have a quote for the ddsr banner monday, so I'll let folks know what thats going to run.

We can get in at like 4 on friday to set up, I'll try to find someone to cover my ambulance shift that night.

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Lonesome Dave

We also talked about trying to get a few trees.  Josh, I'm thinking of you here or maybe Mike.  The idea was cutting a few jack pines that won't take up much room and screwing 2x4s around the base.  I don't know how to describe it, but I've seen it done.
We thought the trees would give the booth/s a real outdoorsy look.   Also if anyone has the green carpet grass that might help.  I use to have both astrotruf and grass carpet, but not sure how much anymore.  I will be checking. 

Also talked about having a DVD playing some sort of adventure riding movie.  Or, maybe having several "you tube" type videos playing.

GB, we watched the "Cycles South" movies last night, still dumb as ever!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

if we want DVD's I have a small flat scren 19" and DVD player ( or laptop if I can figure out how to get it to work?) I have Long way round, long way down, and on any sunday if you want to use any of those. I also have scrap 2x4's and plywood to build some based for trees.

Sportfaller

I can handle getting a few trees, I'll have to check the rules about bringing flammable material.... Someone else want to head up a fake fire?  I like the idea of having a small flatscreen showing the long way down/ round

Josh

greatbuffalo

The only thing that is mentioned on the registration form as being a no go is Straw/hay bales. I plan on bringing a free standing tent. My son and I will work on the display boards as he is quite artistic.

I Think we will need a table for the display boards and DVD player etc.

I am planning on being there around 4ish Friday and will be there for the duration. I do want to get away for a while on Saturday to go ride a Ural I've got the hots for.

greatbuffalo

Josh, don't you have an in at the Forestry Service? I would be nice to get a box of trail maps to offer at the booth.