News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2012 BLACK HILLS MOTORCYCLE SHOW OFFICIAL THREAD

Started by Sportfaller, January 24, 2012, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Just letting Sportfaller and GreatBuffalo know that I secured two large fake boulders for the booth.  Both are about 2'x3' and are tan or sandstone color.  I'll pick them up on Friday afternoon and bring them to the Civic Center after 5:00 pm.  FYI  LD  8)   
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

Awesome! I'm taking friday off so I can get the bike cleaned up and get the trees for the booth, and the banner, and be at the civic center at 4, I think we are in the ice arena.

I'll find out about maps tomorrow.

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

Cool. Things are coming together.

Does anyone object to me taking using their DDSR photos for a display board?

If no one objects I will pull them off the board over the week end and get them printed. That will be the extent of their use. Dave, I'll leave the shirtless pee bag pic out of this.  ;D ;D ;D

Sportfaller

Help yourself, I have a ton of moab pics in my photobucket account, moab madness folder, photobucket/sportfaller

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

OK, I'm kinda slow so just so we are on the same page when we arrive: bikes dirt or clean (dirty I believe we decided?)  bags on or not? do we need a Monitor/dvd player or not? I cna bring tools/fasteners/lumber if we need it for trees, etc. just let me know... see you all friday
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Sportfaller

Details again from the horses mouth (or maybe the hogs mouth)

This is to confirm that we have received your entry for the 24th Annual Black Hills Motorcycle Show to be held April 14th and 15th at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
•   Check in and set up times will be Friday, April 13th from 5:00 to 9:00 PM and Saturday, April 14th from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM.  We will be using the north entrance of the Civic Center.   There are gates on both the eastside and north side of the building, pull up to the gate, press the button and the front office will answer, tell them you are here to move into the motorcycle show and they will open the gate.  The door for entry will be marked or open.
•   Each paid entry checking in between 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM on Friday evening will receive a professional photo of their bike by Kevin Eilbeck Photography.
•   Show times are from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on April 14th and from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on April 15th. 
•   The awards program and acknowledgements will be at the conclusion of the show on Sunday, April 14th. Entries and displays will be released for removal right after the awards presentation.  Removal must be completed by 6:00 PM.  Please see a committee member if you have questions or concerns.
•   Display signage is subject to approval by the Bike Show Committee.
•   In order to meet fire code, your gas tank may be taped.  We have pin striping tape which you can apply after having the photograph taken.
•   Each paid entry will be issued 2 wristbands which will allow you and one other person admission to the show throughout the weekend.  You must show the wristband to get through the entrance.  This process will be strictly enforced. 

We want to thank you for being part of the show and hope that you enjoy what has become one of the best motorcycle shows in the region.  Please tell your friends and family about the show so they, too, can see what all the excitement is about.  If you have questions or concerns, contact Clay Trulson at 605-381-0467.

I was thinking, for me any way,  with full luggage, and maybe my spare set of tires.  I am still unsure as to clean or not.... its pretty clean already, so I'll probably clean it up nice.
Josh

greatbuffalo

I can't say my bikes will be dirty, but they aint gettin cleaned.

Fletch

i'll clean mine up, its not that dirty anyway, and throw the bags on.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Sportfaller

no joy on the maps, they are between orders and dont have many to spare....

I'm trying to get my new parts installed and everything ready, pretty pumped!
Josh

greatbuffalo

No Prob on the maps. I just thought it would be cool to have something to hand out.

Things have been hectic around here, thrying to work away from home and trying to get the crap done that needs to be done. Nathaniel and I spend spent from 6pm to 2am tonight in the shop trying to get stuff put together.

The KLR650 got the cases put on, not much else needed to be done to that.

My Tiger was a bit of a PIA tonight. I needed to check the valves and while I had the the thing all apart I checked the valves. changed the spark plugs and applied a new valve cover gasket. Did all that and took it for a quick ride. When I got back to the garage I had coolant and oil running on the floor. The coolant was easy, just tighten up some clamps I neglected. The oil however was a pinch in the valve cover gasket caused by a very tight gasket. So we pulled the whole dang thing apart and fixed what it needed. Thank God for my son's help.

Nathaniel has been working hard getting his KLR250 together for the show as well. It will make a statement, that's for sure.

Right now at almo 3 am I'm printing off DDSR pics but I'm running out of ink. We'll see how much we get.

Looking forward to a good time.

Bogus Jim

Quoteno joy on the maps

Maybe you could display an unfolded map on the wall, along with the pictures. It would give folks an idea of how many miles of trails there are to ride here, once they upgrade their Harley to a KLR.

greatbuffalo

I have a few maps we can put out on the table and we are putting maps behind the photos on a display board. Did anyone find out about available tables?

numb41

on the subject of a 'clean bike',  I thought it would be cool to have one side of the bike all shiny and on blacktop, then the other all muddy on gravel.

Lonesome Dave

Numb41, that would be funny!

Quote from: greatbuffalo on April 11, 2012, 03:46:05 PM
Did anyone find out about available tables?

I can get tables 6 foot or 8 foot and a few chairs.  However, I can't lift them yet.  If someone wanted to pick them up where I work, (United Rentals) Friday sometime, that would work just fine.  Just let me know.  LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !