News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

SOLD - 2001 Honda XR650L in Rapid City

Started by loco4bikes, August 05, 2009, 03:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loco4bikes

2001 HONDA  XR650L dual-sport motorcycle.  This mint condition bike has had excellent care and stored inside.  I'm the second owner and have had the bike since 2002. Two owner's manuals will be supplied; the XR650L and the XR600 Honda dirt bike. 
I've installed 'Answer' aluminum handlebars and will install a matching crossbar pad when the bike sells. The bike has gearing for more fun off-road, and will still cruse at 60mph.  The suspension is rated at 11.6 inches of travel at each end and the 'XR' has a reputation of having the best suspension of the Asian dual-sport bikes.  With almost a foot of suspension travel, the seat is a tall 37 inches.   This is the reason for my selling the bike.  I turn 64 in August and with a bad back the 'climb' onto the saddle is getting a little more than the old body really appreciates.
The new models of this bike have an unsightly emissions 'octopus' and carburetor calibrated for extremely lean running and these conditions result in a poor running engine.  This bikes' engine runs great because of an 'octopus' removal kit and carburetor kit as well.  The engine is air cooled, so its simple, doesn't need a long warm-up, and no anti-freeze to mess with over the winter.  It doesn't use any oil and runs on regular gas for an inexpensive ride.    I get mileage in the 50s when running errands in town!  All of the original emission parts will be supplied.
With under 2500 miles, this bike still runs and feels like a new bike, only the engine runs better!  At $2495, I'm well under 'eBay' pricing and just a buck a mile!  This bike really needs to be seen to appreciate its superlative condition!
Since I have no way of knowing the height and weight of the new rider, as well as if he or she intends to ride the bike as is or modify it into a 'super-motard' with smaller wheels and 'sticky' tires, I'm offering individual 'incentives'!!
I have a 'Cobra' aluminum exhaust, a 'Devol' lowering link, and a large rear rack made in Australia.  The rack is made by 'XRs R US' of Australia and personally 'hauled home' as carry-on luggage! 
I have these items for sale at the same time as this ad is running.  If still available at the time of the bike sale, one of these items may be the 'incentive' to turn an interested person into the happy buyer!  I've seen lots of 'excellent condition' bikes in only fair condition—this one is exemplary; a superlative bike that will be like buying 'new' for less than half the price.

loingrader

should interested buyers send up a smoke signal or would you like to share some contact info?
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Some pics would probably help your ad, too.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Beautiful bike!  I'll pass the word on to anyone that I think might be interested.

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on August 05, 2009, 04:40:01 PM
should interested buyers send up a smoke signal or would you like to share some contact info?

I would assume he doesn't want to put his email and/or phone # out on the inter-web for all to see and that PM would be his preffered method of contact here.  Just sayin'......

The Yeti

Oh yeah, you might want to put your asking price at the top of your post so people don't have to wade through the whole ad to find it.