News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

cedar creek

Started by tannerc, May 13, 2016, 09:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

Has anyone on this forum been to cedar creek trails? I checked with them last year but they closed because of lack of rain.
Compared to Talsma?
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ryani

Cedar Creek? Haven't heard of them.

I'm originally from Platte and we always fished at cedar Creek but there wasn't any trails there.
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

tannerc

It's not very well advertised, it's across ft. Randall dam, I think there is a few JVCC members that have been down to ride there. I have rode Talsma a few times and it's an ok way to kill an afternoon but that's about it.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ryani

Oh yes. By bonesteel Fairfax area.  I know some guys that hit that up quite a bit. Lots of gnarly single track.

Not sure on daily cost but I can get some numbers

tannerc

ryani

WHERE:
Cedar Creek Trails
37738 U.S. 18
Fairfax, SD 57335

$20 for a day ride.

PJ Olson
605-491-3322

tannerc

Im wondering how the riding is, i have heard ppl talk about single track down there but never been there myself.

ryani

Must be good single track. My friends that race gncc series go there.

A guy from Mitchell spends his winter weekends cutting trail there.

greatbuffalo

Last time I talked to him they had cut some single track but he mebtioned to place is wide open with little restrictions. The only real restriction is that you protect their very valuable pasture/grassland. So when traveling across these areas, wheel spin is frowned upon.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

Cedar Creek trails will not be open this year. Just got an email back from PJ saying he is keeping them closed......

ryani

Huh that's odd. Must be intive only. Friends just went yesterday

tannerc

WTH? He just replied to an email I sent. 0-well