News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

HareScramble

Started by tannerc, March 07, 2012, 10:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

Anyone ride any of the HareScrambles put on by SVCC in the eastern side of the state? No place to ride over here and thinking 25 bucks to go play might not be a bad deal, not as a hardcore competitive racer or anything but something to do on a boring sunday. Plus was wondering if the inexperienced GF would be able to run through on her 225 serow.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

Where are you located? There is a riding area West of Watertown. Lee Bruns is part of that group up there.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

There used to be a harescramble in New Underwood. I don't think it is held anymore.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/553687-new-underwood-harescramble/

I think if you talk to the local mx shops (mx connection and rosco's) they could tell you more about the SVCC harescramble. I've seen some youtube footage from a helmet cam and it looked like fun, not too terribly difficult. Can't find the clip now.

Fletch

used to do both of them, but haven't gone for a couple years. SVCC is a good time, I mostly did the 3 hour-2man. the drive home afterwards is the only bad part.
The one in New Underwood is really good as well, hopefully they will get it going again.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I used to do hare scrambles on a quad a number of years ago in FLA an other southern states. They are a blast. I think the closest on to me would Nebraska but I haven't really looked into it.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

Im in Madison, north of Sioux Falls. It looks like the SVCC first Hare Scramble is in little over a month. I may go check it out as long as i have the BRP suspension and gearing sorted out by then.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lee Bruns

BOokmark GLMC.org the Glacial Lakes MC has its annual Offroad Poker Run on April 22 this year. Its basically a hare scramble, but you get a playing card draw after each lap. Prizes increase with each hand you complete. 2 miles per lap.  Our riding facility is located 1 mile East of South Shore SD. Its open to the public at no charge though membership in the GLMC is appreciated to help pay for trail maintenance.

tannerc

That sounds like a good time, except it looks like im stuck working on the 22nd of April.

Lee Bruns

well, keep an eye on the GLMC web forum, there are group play dates tht spring up pretty often. YOu might be able to join a group of folks heading over there to ride, OR you can go on your own anytime. There is no gate.

tannerc

Cool, i'll keep an eye on the GLMC site, i see the do street stuff too, might have to hit up a few this summer.