News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Been away for a while

Started by greatbuffalo, August 21, 2012, 01:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Although my news isn't as bad as that of Ray Cole, I have been away for a little over a week due to a nasty case of West Nile Virus. Even as a nurse I never really had an understanding of how debilitating this disease can be. I've had one of the worse cases in the area and if i weren't as relatively healthy as I am, it would have really beaten me down. It started with a 103 temp and they dumped 3 liter of fluids in me in just over an hour. Since then I've had delirium, disoriention, Visual issues, confusion, joint pain, very poor equilibrium, and shear exhaustion. Will be out of work for at least 20 days, maybe more. I haven't ridden since the 7th. That's killing me!!! I did ride the 250 for a couple of miles with my son yesterday and felt pretty good but it did take a lot out of me.

I WILL be at the rally and ride what I can, as long as I can. My whole family will be there to keep an eye on me. 

Keep the bug spray on hand when in those mosquito areas kids.

Hope all others are well and looking forward to the rally.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

That sounds really bad.  Glad you are doing better!

jacin theis

Sheesh. Crazy stuff there. Glad your getting better (relatively)
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

Glad your doing better.  One question, the delirium and confusion, is that new?   :evil  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on August 21, 2012, 02:51:41 PM
Glad your doing better.  One question, the delirium and confusion, is that new?   :evil  LD

I thought that was normal here :o

Glad you are feeling better, good luck on the recovery
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm having significant neurological issues that are puzzling. They are checking an MRI / MRA  on Thrusday to check for residual brain / cranial / spinal swelling.  Hoping for the best. I want to ride!!!!

jacin theis

Yea, with you i think an MRI Catscan or any other signifigant test will only open a can of worms. Your wife has dealt with it for years, why drag the medical profession into it? oh yea, they have worked around it for years too..... ::)     Good Luck! hope you recover well and get out here to some fresh air and ride.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Pulled the plug on the MRI today as my condition is showing improvement. No neuro issues for over 24 hours. Significant headache today but this is normal for the disease. Hope to be riding by the weekend. Hope and pray>

misfit

i hope that you recover completely,it's hard to imagine a little mosquito bite can produce such devestating effects,my uncle had west nile and pulled through ok,after a lenghthy battle,with some after effects...Wish You Well!! :D