News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

KTM 200 & 1969 Rokon

Started by tannerc, June 16, 2015, 02:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

tannerc

Yeah I think it would be decent for the cash, plus 1500 was the opener, CL ppl always ask more then they are willing to take!  ;D

Made the fork sox work like seal savers. I put them on the Beta and really like how well they work. no leaky seals since!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Yeah I just thought it was funny they had them pulled up where they are.   I've always pulled the full length ones down so they cover the whole tube.  I love the things.   Like these on my old WR

Lonesome Dave

Man, I would love to have that Rokon.  But with the new trail system, it really isn't practical.  But I still want one!  And, talk about holding their value.  Can't get better than that.  1969
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I had one of those Rokons many moons ago. They were built in Vermont and New Hampshire. They were owned by Brunswick Marine then. Mine was just rear wheel drive.

Slow, very slow. 25 mph, maybe 30 if you were lucky. Mine also had a PVT belt drive instead of a 3 speed like thins one has. It was fun but way too slow.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 17, 2015, 10:08:17 AM

Slow, very slow. 25 mph, maybe 30 if you were lucky.  It was fun but way too slow.

Should be marketed as the trail bike for the KLR owner!  ;D

Lonesome Dave

Maybe for a Harley rider.  They're use to riding a pig!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 17, 2015, 09:53:22 PM
Maybe for a Harley rider.  They're use to riding a pig!
Another unprovoked attack.......they're not all bad. That is profiling.

ZIGGY

Settle down people. We don't need another Waco at the rally this weekend. Leave your guns and colors at home. :evil