News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Newbie found the place

Started by iceycold, May 03, 2009, 01:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceycold

Self intro,
After 2 years of symptomatic AFB and 2 ablations I decided to head out once things started to heal so
last summer went 7500k mi. on a R12RT from Florida to Moab, via  Glacier Park, Washington a few other stops. Then in Sept. decided to get a small place in Spearfish. Parked the Suzuki DL there for the winter, went back to Fl. Now returned with the R12RT for most of the summer. Nice to have em both.  Was retired back when I thought I had money enough and expected my wife to join me.  For now she is still working and may for a few years.  Sadly that puts me very near the Black Hills with 2 bikes and a lot of time...  ;D   all ways up for a ride.

good job on the web site from what I have seen, I gota look around more. 
DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

Hank

I don't know what you guys are talking about, other that it has to be heart related, and it doesn't sound real fun..

Welcome Iceycold!

iceycold

Hank,
yes it's heart related and not so much fun. but it can be managed usually with meds.  Unless like Yeti and myself the doctors tell you they can cure it. I had to be jump started 3 times during the first ablation 6.5 hrs, none during the second.  The doc in Florida told me after the second one that there is rarely a total cure, the guy was a magician when it comes to timing but he did ride a R12GS.

Yeti,
I know the feeling all too well of being uncertain about when/if and how bad it will start again. But most people that have it die with it and not because of it as you know. I had taken all the meds they could throw at me and am still on low dose rythmol and from time to time metoprolol. Best news is no more blood thinners so now I can fall down and not look like a massive bruise.

thanks for the welcome guys   
DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

Dustin

Welcome Iceycold!

Heart related stuff can be pretty scary! My father was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy a few years ago and had several episodes of atrial fibrilation. To most the AF isn't deadly but with him having dilated cardiomyopathy just about killed him! I guess weak hearts can't pump that fast for that long before you suffer from cardiac arrest. Luckily both times he was in the hospital to get the paddle treatment.

P.S. I feel really bad for you having to reside in the Black Hills.... Must be tough  ;D

I live on the eastern side of the state were you can see your dog run away for three days! Pretty flat!

Hope to see ya in June!

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"