News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sugar shack single track.

Started by Stevsie, March 09, 2015, 02:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevsie

Went for a hike Sunday on the single track across the road from the sugar shack. We hiked to the top of the first really steep hill and its terrible up there. They've taken dozers and such and cut down a bunch of trees. You couldn't even see the single track in most spots because the forest floor was so torn up and branches everywhere. Kinda sad but I hope its better when they are done.

Fletch

what does it look like they are doing? there isn't much up there?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Stevsie

Looks to me like they are clearing trees and such. Deforestation or w/e they call it. Idk but they better clean it up big time by riding season cause the trail itself isn't existent in most spots. They have a lot of work to do if they plan on letting people ride through there again

torgo

I was up there on Monday,  took the new road they pushed to clear the trees, and it is a REAL mess.  I was riding the area some and there is a lot of logging going on. New roads bulldozed everywhere.  I could not do that much damage in my lifetime as they do in 300-400ft. 

Sad to think we are the bad guys, all we want is a pathetic 30" gap in the trees and 12" or so on the ground.

:-\ :-\
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.