News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Thoughts again please....

Started by JustJeff, June 28, 2016, 07:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5651521142.html

This guy's been up for sale awhile.  Anything I'm missing?

Thanks boys,

Jeff

PS.  Like all that flapper/air-box, smog emissions stuff.  What is that?

greatbuffalo

My 2 cents.

When you have a bike were the guy says has 50% more power without changing anything internally,  I get suspicious.  And the fact that its been for sale for a while makes me wonder. A long way to go for a bike where seller doesn't even take the time to post photos.
Just one man's opinion.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

Picked my 2008 wr250r up for about 3000 bone stock and I think Lonesome Dave's is still for sale for 3200 in rapid with about the same mods but more miles. I would say he is high on price and the mods don't bring what you spend for them.
The tuner reprograms the EFI to handle the pipe and airbox mods (flapper etc) to get more power from the motor. I like the bike stock
but I have been a 250 rider my whole life. Others will have lots more to add as many have or have had the wr250r.

Lonesome Dave

I agree with Sandhillrider.  I think its too much money.  I drove to Salt Lake City and bought mine for 3800 with 1100 miles.  But......that was then.

My old WRR has lots of mods, good tires, stock tank, but I wouldn't want the 3.7 tank in the first place, just the 3.0.  I'm not sure what Rosco is asking for it.
It has around 10k miles.  Apparently it needs a timing chain and adjuster.  It makes noise for about 3 seconds at a start up, only if its been several days.  I checked into fixing it, MX Connection says it would cost about 200 bucks.  Only about hour labor.  Its set up for 230 lb rider.  If your interested I can ask Rosco how much.

Bogus Jim has one he might sell, it has approximately 23k miles.  The motor will actually run 50k.

Older - Wiser - Faster !