News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Which of you guys was it?

Started by Lee Bruns, June 22, 2010, 05:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Bruns

Participating in the Minnesota 2000 on Friday and Saturday, we were heading up the Mystic road and saw a LOT of dual sport riders. Also saw a pair of Urals beside the road. We were in the Flying Breadpan, (Aluminum formed sidecar on an XS1100 yamaha with shark mouth painted on the front of the sidecar body).
   Anyone from here in those groups?

Sportfaller

I saw your sweet ride Sat. am while I was helping John with his battery.  impresive craftsmanship!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Lee Bruns

It would have been nice to have 3rd gear for those roads, but the tranny had fragged 3rd gear some time ago.

hayduke.klr07

i was coming down the mystic road on sat about 1:00ish and saw a side car.  i think there was about 7 of us mostly KLRs, a ktm and a transalp.

Lee Bruns

Well, if it looked like this, that was us.
We were on the Mystic road around that time for sure.

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Lee Bruns

Thanks, I built it with LOTS of ground clearance for near Dual sport capabilities. Its GREAT on gravel roads, though third gear is out of it right now.
   Made from old Aluminum baking pans that I nabbed at auction.  The tug is an XS1100 Yamaha.