News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Stuff for KLX, KLR and WR

Started by JoniJo, June 30, 2010, 11:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Hi everyone....
You may be way ahead of me on this one but this business was new to me. I was looking for a "rack plate" for my KLX and a good friend recommended these guys. www.bandbmoto.com You may want to check them out.

September's only a little over 2 months away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still fondly remembering the great time I had a couple of weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)        JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

loingrader

cool stuff.  little pricey, but looks to be well worth the extra cost.  thanks for the link.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Osnabrock

That pretty cool stuff. 
I actually went to test ride a nicely priced used WR250R with intent of purchasing yesterday.  They didn't allow test rides or to even start up the bike to check out the engine. ???  They lost my business and my dreams were dashed for the moment. 
I wish they made the a skid plate with integrated toolbox for my KLR but it's nice to know it will be there when I get a smaller bike.  In the back of my head I must be looking to bolt on enough stuff to make a WRR as heavy as a KLR.
All in good time.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

The Yeti

Yeah, I really don't understand dealers that don't allow test rides. I have NEVER been turned down here in Rapid or Sturgis at any of the dealers, regardless of the bike. Don't forget to keep an eye out for used WRRs, there are a lot of clean, well farkled ones out there.  Good luck on your quest!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Quote from: Osnabrock on June 30, 2010, 10:22:02 PM
That pretty cool stuff. 
I actually went to test ride a nicely priced used WR250R with intent of purchasing yesterday.  They didn't allow test rides or to even start up the bike to check out the engine. ???  They lost my business and my dreams were dashed for the moment. 
I wish they made the a skid plate with integrated toolbox for my KLR but it's nice to know it will be there when I get a smaller bike.  In the back of my head I must be looking to bolt on enough stuff to make a WRR as heavy as a KLR.
All in good time.

Was this a dealer or private party?   Wouldn't even let you START it?   Wow yeah that shouldn't make you TOO suspicious.  How ridiculous.

Osnabrock

It was a dealer here in the cities.  It was used and it was farkled.  It was sweet.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Hank

I can see the not letting someone ride it, insurance reasons and such.  But start it?  What was the reasoning? I'd have told them to take a flying F for that!

Hank

Oh and sorry about the thread jack!  Those are some nice DS bits on that website.

Bogus Jim

I would buy that WRR skid plate with the toolbox, if I didn't already have a skid plate. I hate carrying tools in the tailbag, 3.5 feet off the ground.

eBay shows a 2008 WRR with 1,500 miles in Kansas... I think if you positioned a WRR sideways, you could strap it on the KLR luggage rack.  ;D  So John, you could ride straight down I-35 and haul that WRR home.

JoniJo

Just arrived........ My KLX Luggage rack plate from B and B moto. Very well made. Can't wait to "break" it in. Maybe I won't need a backpack on my next dual sport run.

Tick....tick....tick.... September is getting closer!!!!!!!

JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson