News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New Yamaha XT660R ???

Started by JoniJo, July 04, 2010, 02:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Sounds like this bike is not available in the US "yet". Looks pretty darn cool..........  JoniJo

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/products/motorcycles/adventure/xt660r.jsp#
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Bogus Jim

Looks interesting... seems like it would compete with the KLR. If you adjust for the difference in fuel capacity, the wet weight is almost the same as a KLR. Probably more $$$ than the KLR though, when it's available.

Until the economy turns around, I think the manufacturers may be reluctant to introduce new models. Yamaha Motor lost $2.5 billion(!) last year and even Harley had a $200+ million loss in 4th quarter.

grubbie

had an 08 xt250,...loved that little bike. Wish they would have kept the same graphics for the 660....who knows, the u.s model might have the same ones. I don't understand the two-piece front fender though. That low fender tends to plug up with mud.

The Yeti

Look at those poor pipes just hangin out there in the rock-crushing zone!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Caseyjones

I to am puzzled looking at the exhaust system, I suppose a skid plate to cover the lowermost portion at the expense of ground clearance.  I see aftermarket exhaust systems in it's immediate future with the US market! 

It's build quality should meet and likely exceed that of the KLR and if you prefer FI than this might be a good choice. 

fringefan

Looking at my skid plate and the clearance  have now I can't imagine how those would look after a year or two if they lasted that long. That same issue has been my biggest gripe about the Strom's as a legit DS.

Number Two

I think they fixed the pipes on the XT660Z model, gaining 40mm of ground clearance over the R.  It's almost like the difference between the Xcountry and the Xchallenge?