News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New "Toy" 1971 Honda CB350

Started by JoniJo, July 19, 2010, 10:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

My neighbor gave this bike to me. Now....I need to pour money into it. Cafe bike in the spring? It does need a lot of work.

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

Wow! Talk about "Love thy neighbor"
Does it run?

Be careful. The free stuff is always the most expensive ??? ;D

Congrats on the new bike Joni. Hey.... It's a Honda.

fringefan

Throw on a high fender and some dirt tires and she is ready to roll ;D

Dr Psyko

Looks great! There are folks out there who are manical about those bikes. I had the sister "enduro" model (CL?) and rode the wheels off the thing in the mid 70's. Memory is selective, but I remember it was really fun to ride.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

loingrader

i'd just put a little elbow grease into her, get her running good and ride her for a year before you start dumping money on aftermarket stuff.

my dad has a 73 and 74 yamaha rd350.  they are 2 strokes and fast as all heck, but they look very similar.  i love retro bikes.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Caseyjones

That brings me back, my 2nd bike was a 72 CB350, got it for doing some work on a roof.  Great bikes! gratz on the acquisition!

JoniJo

I'm not a person of high expectations however.....This is what the lil' 'ol 350's going to look like when I'm done. Really!!!!!
                                                                                                               JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Caseyjones

It appears to be complete and in great condition.  The CBs are classics and not to many left, have you considered doing a basic sympathetic restoration on it?  It appears that you could polish it out, recover the seat and address mechanical issues to end up with a well preserved "unrestored" original.

I'm dying to know how many miles this gem shows on the odo.

JoniJo

.......about 13,000 miles........ :D   Joni
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson