News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

My First Enduro

Started by torgo, May 03, 2012, 01:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgo

Well, I finally did it.  Last week I competed in the Pine Ridge Enduro in Crawford, NE.  WOW, what fun.  With raising the family and work it never worked out before.  I met my brother from Laramie WY there and we both ran the enduro.  I was in the SR C class and he was OPEN B.  The C loop was 74 miles with one gas stop.

I was riding my 94 KDX200 and even that old bike ran like a watch.  I see now why people love the old KDX.  It got me out of a lot of jams and made up for my lack of riding skills.  It ran like a top and didn't even die when I dumped it into a 4' deep stream.

I am already registared for the INYA KARA enduro in Upton, WY in June 17th.  After that I am bringing it to the Rally.

Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

plumber mike

Sportfaller

Mike, you going to do the Inya Kara enduro?
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

Sweet. I wish I had a bike to do one on.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

they are rather addictive, If I get to riding a little I may go to Upton??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Sportfaller

I want to ride over and hangout and watch
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

Me too. What weekend is that event? The 15, 16 and 17th of June? I've got that weekend off and may decide to head out there for it Josh. I'll let you know in a week or so and maybe we could head over together.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

plumber mike

I would at least like to go and check it out, and help whoever. My wife got me some medical benefits so if the sign up fee and AMA membership isn't too much, I could be persuaded to ride it. I just didn't want my victory to knock sprout down in the points standings :-X ;D

loingrader

Quote from: torgo on May 03, 2012, 01:33:56 AM
It ran like a top and didn't even die when I dumped it into a 4' deep stream.

4 foot deep stream!  that's impressive!!!

+1 on those old KDX200's.  i've got a 91.  will climb anything and reliable as a hammer. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Osnabrock

"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lee Bruns

Thats awesome. Good job sir! Enduros and hare scrambles are EXAUSTING!!