News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

WANTED: Old junky dirtbike parts

Started by Sportfaller, April 28, 2009, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

I'm looking for old junker dirt bike parts, especially brakes (discs and calipers), sprockets, and other miscellaneous parts for a new project of mine.  I'm building a racing mower!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

fringefan

Thats awesome, watched them at the enduro race in rapid and they where almost the best part. Hard to get over how fast those things run.

Sportfaller

yeah, me too! my brother in law just gifted me an old-ish john deere, so now I'm gathering parts.  BTW, I'll pay for the parts, in my OP I forgot to mention that!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Sportfaller

to my dismay, rear engines arnt allowed. anyone want a free non-running riding mower?
Josh

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

numb41

FYI,  There's a bunch of guys in the Sturgis area that race mowers.  If interested ask around the gas stations or garages up there. I'm sure they'll know.  Here is our club - pukwanamowerracing.com

loingrader

pretty popular in armour, sd where i work.  amazing how fast those things can go.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dr Psyko

I raced go karts for several years, and I always thought lawn mower racers should just use racing motors, clutches, etc, from go karts. Why reinvent the wheel? I've got a couple of Briggs and Stratton "animal" engines for sale. 206cc, overhead valve, balanced and blueprinted, methanol, straight pipe, built to spec. Good for about 13hp.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

numb41

You need a vertrical shaft motor to play with other lawnmowers.  Those would be fun motors to play with tho...

Dr Psyko

The real fun are the shifter karts. They use balanced and blueprinted 125 motocross engines and transmissions. Zero to 100 and back to zero under 10 seconds, pull more g's then an indy car in the corners. On many racetracks the course record is held by a shifter. Amazing HP to weight ratios, racing slicks, disc brakes.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

JoniJo

Good luck!!!!!!! Have you seen the "Fastest Lawnmower in the World" video on YouTube?
                                                                                                  Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson