News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

wanted:klr muffler - FOUND

Started by loingrader, May 24, 2011, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

looking for a klr650 muffler if anyone has one lying around.  prefer stock but open to any bargain options as long as they have a spark arrestor.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Lonesome Dave

Thought I would see if I could help you out.  There's one in Denver 08 model and another in Philadelphia 06 model.  Both on craigslist.org Just search "klr muffler"  in those cities. There's a guy in Gillette that wanted to sell an aftermarket muffler last fall, but I'm not sure if I can find his name anymore.  I'll check.  Dave
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

I have a Moose one you can have, but I'm sure it doesn't have a spark arrestor.
Its also pretty loud from what I've heard and does nothing for the power.

I've never used it, it came in a box of stuff when I got my '00 KLR.

I'll see if it has a forestry stamp on it tonight.

loingrader

thanks for the help guys.

i might take you up on that hank.

I could take the good stocker off of dustin's old bike and put it on my brothers 06 and then put the moose one on dustins bike before it goes to zambia.

that moose pipe would certainly fit the bill for africa. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Well, I lied.  It's not a Moose, its a Cobra.   But, believe or don't, it has a USFS spark arrestor stamp on it.
Doesn't have the gasket or clamp, but an old sock and a hose clamp should do the trick.   :)

Here is a pic of the lovely thing:

It will cost you postage and a 6 pack of the cheapest beer you can find at the rally ;)

loingrader

b-e-a-utiful!!!

check your pm.

and i wouldn't think of buying you cheap beer.  you will have your choice of any of the gas station brews!

gerry1eye

Sounds like you got your need covered, but if you really wanted stock, check out this link;
http://www.bismanonline.com/new_sprocket_20_00

Sorry I,m late, but I don't check this site very often

Gerry
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

loingrader

thanks Gerry.  Hank's got me covered.