News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Also looking for small dirt bike (cheap)

Started by Hank, March 19, 2012, 06:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I'd like to find an XR200, DR200, etc etc for somewhere around $1K.   If it is street legal, better yet.

Lee Bruns

Motocycle shop has a XT225 for sale for 1300 dollars. '96, needs nothing, not cherry but looks like a great value.  street legal, ready to ride in the offroad Poker run on April 22

Hank

I'll run down and take a look today.. sounds perfect.   I was just there a couple days ago and didn't notice it, but wasn't really looking for one either.  Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hank

I now have an XT225 :)    Under $1K.. runs good, needs a tiny bit of TLC

jacin theis

Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

I need to get it home.. maybe tomorrow.   Needs an intake manifold (it's been patched with some goo).. other than that it looks ready to run.   Tires are not so great, but will go a few years I'm sure.   Its been thrown down on some gravel a few times, but all damage is cosmetic and not very noticeable beyond 10 ft.   That's just preconditioning :)

Its a perfect beater bike.   Fun to plunk around on and you won't give two shi!ts when you drop it.

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on March 22, 2012, 04:36:32 PM
Fun to plunk around on and you won't give two shi!ts when you drop it.

now that is my kind of bike!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Wacked

Hank-

You interested in a IT200 plated 2 stroke for $600?  Not mine.

Wacked

Hank

Osnabrock

Quote from: Wacked on March 22, 2012, 07:17:09 PM
Hank-

You interested in a IT200 plated 2 stroke for $600?  Not mine.

Wacked

Someday I will have one of the Yamaha IT series.  If there's one bike from the past that speaks to me......the IT series is IT.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lee Bruns

Lots of folks at The Barn looking for dual sports to ride in the anual Offroad Poker Run, if you have one for sale, post it there also, it'll sell.

Hank

Here it is!

Lightly rashed in about 20 places, but fully functional!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk