News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring ride?

Started by Dr Psyko, December 27, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Psyko

Hello,

New member here, trying to learn the site. Located in Minneapolis and hoping to make a trip west in the spring. I've got a DR650 and hoping to buy a newer KLR for the trip. I'm a converted road/track guy, now mostly ride my Road King (getting older and it's comfortable). I've done some trail riding with the DR in Wisconsin, they do have a lot of good woods riding.

I read about your spring ride last June and I'm wondering if anyone is planning a similar deal for this year!

Thanks all, nice site!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

fringefan

Welcome and to answer your question we are and you are more than  welcome to come and join us. Some of us live here but we usually have a couple get togethers a year.

Hank

We need to get the weekend firmed up.    I'm not sure if I'll make the rally or will be on a road trip yet, but if I make the rally you're more than welcome to ride out with me.    I'm in Watertown SD which is likely right along your route.

loingrader

welcome psycho.

the klr would be a great steed, but the dr650 will do awesome in the hills too.  maybe not as much fun on the road trip out as the klr, but a great ride none the less.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dr Psyko

Thanks guys,

Would be great to ride out with you Hank, if I come it will be with my son (Hence the additional KLR). I'm thinking about selling the Harley, but it's a painful thought.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

Dr P, Have you checked the classifieds here? I know there are a couple KLRs for sale there.  One is in Watertown :)

loingrader

and there is a LOT less plastic to break off than on the newer klr's. 

but who am i kidding.  all klr's are awesome bikes...
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro