News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

finally joined

Started by jacin theis, December 28, 2009, 08:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

I have been watching the site for a while, finally got around to joining. hope to meet a few of you and maybe get a ride or two in. I keep finding that riding alone is not always the safest, and surely not the funnest.... You guys have some great ride reports and info.
I have been riding since i was a small kid, and see no reason to give it up. Have dirt bikes for the whole family, hope to get them more excited each year. My daughter went to a rally last year with me, so by her meeting anohter girl on the playground, i met a great guy from Canada. We took the family this year to visit, and now have a great person to hook up with for rides across the border.
You meet the greatest people riding....thanks... Jacin
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

loingrader

welcome jacin.

riding with others is fun on the road but it is really fun on some of the trails we attempt to conquer out in the hills.  it really is a great time.  hope to do some riding with you this summer.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

plumber mike

Welcome! Hope to ride with you this "Spring". Seems to be a good bunch on this site. Bunch of what I don't know ;D

Where are you located?

Sportfaller

Hey Jacin, How are ya? I assume you are the Jacin from the BMW club that used to have the RT, and has the 1100 now.  There are getting to be a couple beemers around here now!  I see you have a 250 too, you'll have much more fun riding that with this group, our big GS's are rather limited.  Lookin forward to riding with ya again!

Oh, and this group doesn't bother having coffee for 3 hours a week, when we meet, we ride!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Hank

Welcome Jacin!    I just picked up a pair of used PW50s for my daughters too, ages 7 and 9.   I too am hoping to make it a family activity.
How old are your kid(s)?

jacin theis

Sportfaller, yup, same guy. I still have the GS and agree its great for long distance and forest service roads, but i look forward to some skill tests on the trails with the 250, cant wait to hook up with some of you to ride. And hope your right about riding instead of coffee and talking about riding. All the BMW meetings i attended, the only ride that came out of it was with you and your family. Mayby im not much of a "bonder"   ::)  If i take time from my family, i want to knock down some miles.

Hank, my daughter is 10 and son is 6. when you get our here, it would be great to get togther and do a family ride. it usually is more fun for the kids when they see others and the pressure from dadf is off.

Bret, look forward to meeting you and riding too.

Plumber Mike, thanks, i am in Rapid. Have spent a lot of time in the slate creek dam and silver sity area. But i am trying to cover the whole forest service map. So many trails, so little time......

thanks for all the responses, from all I've seen, looks like a pretty good bunch, but then thats probably why you all ride......
1100 GS

loingrader

i've got a buddy with a cabin in silver city so i know that area very well.  lots of great trails around there, and heck, all over the place. 

some of us are "bonders" but we do our bonding while conquering nasty trails together and then reliving it over a few beers and a campfire. 

i'm getting excited for june!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

ok, things are definetly looking up. bonding over beer instead of coffee (i need it in the morning) sounds like a great way to end a day of pushing each other to "ride it". I think sitting around talking about riding is more fun when you just got done, not talking about "that time way back when we..."  I am getting excited to get any bike out to ride, but really can't wait to try out this wr250. its going to be great to ride something that wieghs less than a german (read BMW) pig.....  So when does info on the '10 hills dual sport rally meet get posted? i would like to try to meet up, camp, ride and well, keep lubricated. cheers! jacin
1100 GS

LittleJacket

Welcome to the group Jacin-look forward to meeting and riding w/you.
rpjohnso