News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New member from Wyo.

Started by grubbie, January 21, 2010, 06:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Hi guys! been reading this site for a few weeks, finally got joined up. I am from northeast Wyoming. I would like to find some folks to ride with, and discover some new trails. I don't have a big bike, nor a fancy one, but I think I can keep up. I have a 2008 yamaha XT 250. Love the bike. I can do highway speeds but not really into on-roading with it. Looking at doing some camping in the hills, throwing the bike in the back of the pickup and exploring. I actually almost bought a bigger bike, but the smaller size and weight actually works better for what I use it for at home. Anyway, looking forward to meeting some new people to ride with every once in a while.

plumber mike

Welcome grubbie-

I don't know exactly where you are at, but there are trails/dirt roads that run all over that area, and can/do connect up with some trails around here. I don't do much highway myself. Your 250 is probably faster than some KLR650's ;D :D ;) :P :) :evil.

Pray for good weather so we can get out and ride.

See you around.

Hank

Welcome!

I'm sure your XT will keep up with our group just fine.   Hope you can make it to the next meeting, but even if you don't I'll be a few of the Hills natives would take you out.

I'm really starting to look forward to spring myself.. the winter is starting to seem looooong

grubbie

Quote from: plumber mike on January 21, 2010, 07:14:57 PM
Welcome grubbie-

I don't know exactly where you are at, but there are trails/dirt roads that run all over that area, and can/do connect up with some trails around here. I don't do much highway myself. Your 250 is probably faster than some KLR650's ;D :D ;) :P :) :evil.

Pray for good weather so we can get out and ride.

See you around.
Yeah, don't know about that,.....the XT will do do 75, but I wouldnt want to hold it there very long. 65 is pretty easy cruising though. As far as meetings go I'll be lucky to make one of those,....I only get away from here a few weekends total out of a year. Gonna try and get out a little more this year.

loingrader

that xt is a perfect bike for most of the riding this group likes to do.  bigger bikes just make the tougher trails more difficult, and they will make you more tired from picking it up all day long.  just make sure you've got a skid plate on it.  my brother rode a ttr225 at one of our rallys and it made most things look easy.  that xt will be even better.

welcome.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro