News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

hello from ipswich

Started by mommer, April 26, 2010, 04:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommer

hey everyone. my name is jason mommer, and i am in ipswich SD for the summer (till november). out from salida colorado (home). im working out here rebuilding the powerlines from the ice storm last january.. it's a mess out here..

i brought the 9fiddy-s with me.. i have a few harley coworkers to ride with.. but... but... well you know. im already jonesing for some dirt. i was turned onto this site from adv.. where i spend alot of my "non-riding or working" time. so i guess what im sayin is that i would love to have some quality dual sporters to ride with out here in the western midwest/ eastern plains for the summer. i get 3 day weekends for now. so that makes for some good ridin time.. hope to hear from any and all of ya soon!

MOMMER
jasenmommer@hotmail.com

loingrader

welcome mommer.  that 950 is one heck of a bike and it will go more places than you will want to take it.  i promise we can find some "stupid" areas for you to get into.  it's my downfall as well, but i'm not risking much on my 18 year old klr. 

probably not a heck of a lot happening in ipswich for dual sport riding or otherwise. 

hope to see you in june!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Welcome mommer!  That 950S will do fine in the hills, just ask Hank - he had one, loved it...sold it. I had a 950A, loved it...sold it.  I found that for the riding I do in the hills, the 950 was just too much bike.  I ended up with a WR250R...much more fun in the tight stuff and a lot easier to pick up.  ;D  Would still like to have a 950...but the SE is the one I lust after now.   :-*  Excess won't let me ride his...  :'(

You must have a lot of fun riding that bike back home.  Beautiful area around Salida.  If you make it out to the west side of the state, let me know and we can go for a ride up the 429!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

mommer

right on guys. im definatley gonna make it out to the hills.. maybe go adventure arround minn? wisconsion? U.P. michigan? i love my 950. took it to baja for over 2 weeks in january.. i have a xr400r back home but i can't carry too much stuff out here. hey, if anyone is doing anything on any weekend.. give me a shout.. i rode one day (yesterday) with the harleys.. and all i could think of was hitting the ditch at 70mph :o.. it will be nice to meet you guys and see what this place has to offer.. :thumb

Hank

Welcome from Watertown!   Yup I had a 950S too, and it was awesome, but probably not the "right" bike for me for now.   So many bikes, so little time :)

Not sure If I'll make the June rally or not.   If I do, it might be on my resurrected TDM so I'll probably keep it to fireroads.    We'll see, maybe I'll run out on the DRZ again.

mommer

dosen't really matter what it is.. right? as long as it gives you that "extra heartbeat"