News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Africa twin sighting!!!

Started by ryani, May 25, 2016, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryani

I spotted the elusive African twin in Mitchell. The red white and black paint scheme.

No other info on it. They're here!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Robmicgrn

Dillon Brothers put one on the floor today..................
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

ryani

This one was in the wild. Uncaged on the mean streets of m-town

Robmicgrn

Did you sneak up on it and pet it?
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

ryani

I tried but the light turned green. Off it went!

Hank

I'm anxious to see one.  Almost held out for one of them over the 1190, but the performance of the 1190 convinced me otherwise..

Sent from my TRS-80

Harry Potter

It came from Honda of Mitchell and went to my old high school history teacher. I got to sit on it before Richard picked it up and before it had been started. Sitting on the seat I could tip toe the bike which felt really good. Any body taller than me should be able to flat foot it. The ergonomics also felt great. Fit and finish looked well above let me say an OB. The African Twin factory was hit by the earthquake and when the next load is coming is a big question mark. Regretfully Honda of Mitchell won't take a BMW in on trade or one 1200GS would be gone. I don't think there is any doubt the new Honda African Twin is going to cut big time into the sale of all the other adventure bikes if Honda can build them fast enough.  Check out Jimmy Lewis's test on www.dirtbiketest.com
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

greatbuffalo

Is that BMW GS/KTM1190 Richard your talking about? If so maybe I can snag a ride.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Harry Potter

Yep, I was going to call him tomorrow. I think he hits Daylight Donuts around 10AM.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Fletch

Naser?   I may be able to get a test ride ;D
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Hey I knew Rich Naser in college too.   Put me on the test ride list hahah.

Must be Rich Sr though as I don't think I went to college with HP's high school history teacher.

Harry Potter

Attention: There is going to be an African Twin riding from Mitchell to Yankton tomorrow with us.

Hank

Evolution Powersports has a red one.  I'll go check it out at noon.

kmuhlenbeck

2011 DL650A

Hank

I sat on it.. nice. I like the seating position of the 1190 better. .but it sure is pretty.  I was offered a test ride but declined.