News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Africa twin sighting!!!

Started by ryani, May 25, 2016, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Potter

Just to Yankton. Ya Hank not the way to ruin the weekend test riding an AT realizing ya maybe should have waited on the OB. :)
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Hank

I will try to get a test ride at some point, but I don't feel right about testing a brand new bike I have no intention of buying.

I was a HUGE Honda fan for many many years, but they sorta lost their way in the early 2000s.   This is the first Honda in many years that I find really interesting, I will say that.

And as nice as it is, I would be more than shocked it if made me have buyer's remorse.   The 1190 is just too cool.. and the extra 60 hp is nice.

Hank

The DCT technology looks like the hot ticket, and the reviews I've read are really positive.
Here's a good overview of how it works.

http://www.dirtrider.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-africa-twin-dct-explained-1-3

Fletch

I am really skeptical, I would have to try it to even begin to think it would work off road. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I don't see how it can work better than me picking whether I want to lug it (slick) or be in the midrange (rocky) or in the power (hardpack)??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

I'm skeptical too but would be fun to try.

The times are a changin'... did you guys read that the 2017 XC-F's have traction control? Sounds goofy on a dirt bike but it might actually be good on those torque monsters.

Hank

I wonder too about how it works offroading in gnarly stuff, but you can always switch it to manual mode.

Regardless though, it's a darn clever bit of engineering.

Sent from my TRS-80

greatbuffalo

I was scepticle as well and still am to a point but since reading literally dozens of reviews by rider/journalists I respect, I have lessened my suspension.  I have not read one, but I'm sure there is one or two out there, that doesn't shine a positive light on it. One of the guys from the ridapart stated it was the olny bike he didn't have a to think about shifting while wheelying and that it was in the right gear all the time up hill amd down.

I really want to try one in the real word. The one I have access to is the base manual model.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?