News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Swap a GSA for a WR250R for a day?

Started by JustJeff, June 28, 2016, 09:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

Any idea on how a guy could get his hands on a WR for a day to test it out and see if that's the way to go.  Or even something comparable to see if I should trade the GS in for something smaller.  I'd hate to go all in and be disappointed.  However, I come home each day and stare at my beautiful BMW and wish I could jump on it and ride some of the sandy double track along the river where I live, but know it's a gamble on whether or not I'll bury the 600lb beast to the fender and have to call my son to pull me out with the 4 wheeler.  So it sits until my next trip, whilst I spend two hours on the computer surfing Craigslist and googling Wr vs. Crf/DRZ/EXC/SX, etc, instead of riding.

sleddog

Where are you at? I may be able to help you out.

JustJeff

Quote from: sleddog on June 29, 2016, 07:51:10 AM
Where are you at? I may be able to help you out.

I'm in Omaha sleddog, but willing to travel!  I can certainly provide some BBQ to show my appreciation to whomever. 

sleddog

sandhillrider

Jeff we have a WR250R,  DR650, XT250 and  DRZ400 here if you wanted to come out and test them all out at once.
Who knows the TW200 might be your pick ;D.

Hank

Quote from: sandhillrider on June 29, 2016, 01:03:54 PM
Jeff we have a WR250R,  DR650, XT250 and  DRZ400 here if you wanted to come out and test them all out at once.

Jeff I think you found what you are looking for :)

JustJeff

Jeff I think you found what you are looking for :)
[/quote]

And then some!

JustJeff

Quote from: sandhillrider on June 29, 2016, 01:03:54 PM

I do, I do want to try them all at once.  Where do I go?

sandhillrider

Just need to come to Petersburg. There are 3 of us with dual sports and you can see
we don't like the same things in bikes. I'll pm you my phone just call me.

Wizard

Bout time you came around Jeff. Gonna fall in love with that WR....

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Wizard

And Jeff they do have a WR250R in Mitchell here at Palace Motorsports for 2900 right now....

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Wizard on June 29, 2016, 06:42:19 PM
And Jeff they do have a WR250R in Mitchell here at Palace Motorsports for 2900 right now....

Excellent price and the bike looks almost completely stock so you could farkle the way you want. If they were asking $3500, probably better to find one with a few mods already.

JustJeff

Quote from: Bogus Jim on June 29, 2016, 08:30:12 PM
Quote from: Wizard on June 29, 2016, 06:42:19 PM

Excellent price and the bike looks almost completely stock so you could farkle the way you want. If they were asking $3500, probably better to find one with a few mods already.

Darn this is for sale about a month too early.  The GS will have to go first...taking pics as we speak.  Taking a family vacation to Banff next week.  Thanks for all the input and hospitality with the bike offers gentlemen. 

greatbuffalo

Jeff, if you remember right, you took the wrr at palace motosports for a ride at the end of our James River ride. Its still there and the seller just may be motivated.......

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

JustJeff

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 30, 2016, 09:09:45 PM
Jeff, if you remember right, you took the wrr at palace motosports for a ride at the end of our James River ride. Its still there and the seller just may be motivated.......

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Think that's the same one Dan?  I liked it...just drove it down the block and back.  Going to go up to see Jack in the next two weeks...try one out for the day.