News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Offroad Poker run date set

Started by Lee Bruns, February 27, 2011, 06:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Bruns

The annual GLMC offroad Poker run is set for may 1st.
Trail area is 1 mile East of South Shore SD
1 card per lap
Each 5 laps starts a new hand.
2 miles per lap.
Keep an eye on the GLMC.Org site for the flyer.
It should be up soon. ATV and motorcycle welcome.
Concessions at the site.
Helmets mandatory, obviously.
Pay out depends on number of participants.
Questions? Ask away

agspecialties

This sounds great. Will have to try to put in my calender.

Thanks for posting

JoniJo

I'd love to join in. We have relatives in Sioux falls.  ;D    Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Hank

Lee Bruns

I jsut picked up my new chest protector tonight. I feel a bit better with my entrails encased in a crispy candy shell. This is going to be a HOOT!

Lee Bruns

Weather looks like it will cooperate.  Though it maybe windy. Bob will probably start boiling the hot dogs on Friday morning.

Hank

sleddog

Although windy & cool there were 28 riders that participated! It was great fun. Out of state riders from Minneapolis, Emmetsburg, Sioux City, Storm Lake & areas in  between participated.

Go here http://www.network54.com/Forum/152868/ to read about & see pictures.

Sleddog

Lee Bruns

"farmer" atempted to use the stock tires on his KLR650 to run the event. That did not work well. Those KLR650 riders that did put knobbies on still had a REALLY heavy bike to deal with, but were able to make a few laps. One couple did it on a side by side that was 4 inches wider than the gap between the trees on the South end. HUGE fun.
    If the weather had been fairer we would have had even better participation. As it was, over half of the riders were from the road events that the GLMC puts on.

Hank

I fully intended on going, but had enough other things going on that the weather made me decide to pass this time.
Hope its a bit nicer out next time!

Lee Bruns

Yepper, we'll do it again next spring for sure. Its the only income that the Offroad Trail area has to pay for new trail markers and trail grooming.
    The road riders will participate no matter the weather. They're more accustomed to adverse riding condidtions. We do have a spiffy picnic shelter now.
    If we play our cards right eventually we may be able to enlarge it so that it covers the entire trail area. Think BIG!