News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Oyster Mountain Hare Scramble Sturgis May 26

Started by Bogus Jim, May 13, 2013, 09:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

tannerc

Just so happens i will be riding  in the hills that weekend. I looked into it a few weeks ago and it looks like they are having a team run 2 riders/1 bike. Sounds kinda fun depending on course. Have you ever ran one of their scrambles?
I wouldn't be much for competition, but would have fun riding.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Osnabrock

I haven't done a hare scramble yet. I plan on doing one this year but it will be a little closer to home.  I've spectated about a half dozen in the last few years.  The mass start looks a little scary but the riders spread out very quickly and it becomes just like a trail ride. 
Go for it Jim! 
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

I've been saying the same thing. They have them just north of Sioux Falls in Renner. I also understand they are doing them just North of Scotland. Gonna have to check into that as it is very close to me.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I don't think I am going to make it for this one, but they are fun. I have done Renner 5 or 6 times and they used to do one North of New Underwood that I entered a couple times (I even have a trophy from the last 2 man!). they are really fun and a good group of people, give it a try.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

markwalker069

just seeing this post (sorry, been too busy riding to get on the net).  I rode the Oyster Mountain Race yesterday on the KLX.  very fun and challenging race. I met my goals, finish and not meet paramedic up close! lol
be safe and ride much.....

Osnabrock

"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Becker

I was the 501 berg guy, that was an absolute blast.

Hope they can keep this thing going.