News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Ice Canyon - Sunday

Started by Bogus Jim, October 16, 2015, 09:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

We are going to ride the "Iceman" rock crawler trail in the Piedmont area Sunday morning. Fletch is bringing his brand new 300 XC-W with nary a scratch on it, and I think I've got Lonesome Dave talked into bringing his trials bike.

We will be at the start of the trail (8284) around 9:15 - 9:25am if you're interested. Round trip is 3 miles of rocks and ledges, should be a fun and challenging ride.

Wild Irishman

Sounds like a good time but I'll be with my son until noon.  Have fun.
- Eire

Fletch

What are the odds the 300 will remain scratch free?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Fletch on October 17, 2015, 04:32:23 PM
What are the odds the 300 will remain scratch free?

Pretty good I hope.

Besides, Dave is so excited to show what his trials bike can do, that he offered to pay for any damages on our heavy and awkward two-strokes.

Lonesome Dave

If I don't break anything on the bike or me, I'll call it a good day!  Jim is going to have his go pro working!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Well there was no bike damage and no scratches on Fletch's shiny new 300. We didn't even drop a bike. Round trip took us about an hour. Fun ride.

I'll post some video in a couple days, it will take some editing since there's over an hour of footage.

tannerc

Looks like we got some video of LD making his way through the iceman!  ;)

Cant wait to see the footage!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on October 18, 2015, 04:40:48 PM
Well there was no bike damage and no scratches on Fletch's shiny new 300. We didn't even drop a bike. Round trip took us about an hour. Fun ride.

I'll post some video in a couple days, it will take some editing since there's over an hour of footage.

You missed it, it tipped over back at the truck and bent the kickstand.  I guess it's "broken in" now. 

Fletch

Quote from: tannerc on October 18, 2015, 06:09:08 PM

Looks like we got some video of LD making his way through the iceman!  ;)

Cant wait to see the footage!

Yep that's the way I remember it

Lonesome Dave

Okay, I have to fess up.  I rode the Sherco all the way to the start of the trail.  I've never ridden a trials bike that far (at least 6 miles).  By the time I got there, I was wasted.  I was really looking forward to doing this.  On the first rock obstacle I actually paddled down with my legs.  What the hell, I haven't even started yet.  Anyway, as I looked at the rocks and was starting to go down, I wasn't sure I could hold the steering.  Long story short, I quit, gave up, ran home with my tail tucked.  Actually I didn't run home,  I slowly went home and had to rest several times before I made it back.

Once I made it home, I filled the cooler with beer and jumped on my 4 wheeler and headed back towards the guys.  By the time I made it back, everyone was gone.  So Lonesome Dave drove up to the top of Ice Cave and drank a beer all by myself.  It was a really good beer.

Needless to say, my plan was flawed from the very beginning.  I should hauled the bike close to the start point.  Anyway, I've been tired all day and starting to feel really sore!   Dammit, I'll try it again. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

If I knew beer was on the way I would have waited..

Bogus Jim