News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

indoor enduro

Started by Fletch, January 05, 2016, 10:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

The 12tha annual indoor enduro is Jan. 23 at the civic center. anyone interested in getting together before for supper and a couple beers?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

I'd say I'm in.

Fletch, my trials bike is at Rosco's right now, but I can get it fixed for you to ride.  We would have a great time cheering you on.  They even have a trials class for you.

Jason are you in?  I think it was you or Sportfaller that started all of us going every year.  If I remember right, one of you would get us free tickets.  hint hint!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

I really appreciate the offer Dave, I have a couple MX guys trying to talk me into as well.  I'm just not in good enough shape and haven't ridden enough in the last couple years to feel comfortable with it. 

My brother just happened to put this on Facebook today.  Even when I was riding better I still had crappy form:

greatbuffalo

Dang, I was thinking about coming out that next weekend to do a bit of skiing. I may have to change my plans a bit.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

Dan if you're coming to R.C. sometime before July maybe we should have a planning session for the Tour de Colorado. I have a couple of the Charles Wells trail guide books for Colorado. Also the Butler maps but that's mainly pavement. Not sure what resources you are looking at for planning.

I've ridden though Colorado a few times but was always in a hurry to get somewhere else so never got to see much.

greatbuffalo

I just happened to think that weekend of the enduring won't work for me, my wife is having knee replacement surgery on the 19th. Will try to get there the week after.

Jim that sounds like a good idea, I picked up the Butler BDR map and have the tracks loaded and studied. I think I've watch every video out there too.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

Fletch

So, Tomorrow night at Sanford's?   what time? races start at 7:30, it does get to be a long night so I'm fine getting there a little late, but whatever works for everyone else is fine with me.

Lonesome Dave

I would still like to go.  I had surgery yesterday, still kind of planning on it.  Might try and go to Cheyenne tomorrow, look at a Beta, don't know for sure when I would get back.  I was going to try to talk Jim into driving me, surprise Jimmy.  He doesn't know that yet.  I guess I should call him.

Time, I would say 6 pm????   Who's all going????
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

I'm  in, meet when and where?  Tim
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Bogus Jim

I'll be at Sanford's around 5:45 - 6pm. We should probably have a table by 6, sometimes the service is a bit slow there.

Dave I can't go to Cheyenne tomorrow. 5pm today I caught a severe case of the 24-hour flu. I feel absolutely terrible, I can barely hold my head up to type this. Luckily I'll be over it by 5pm Saturday so I can go to the enduro. It's weird but I always seem to get this flu whenever you want to go somewhere.

Fletch

I would tell you to get well soon but I guess that's already taken care of.

Harry Potter

I am really glad you guys posted this, I had great time.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Bogus Jim

Compared to previous years, it seemed like a lot more guys were dropping their bikes. I think the rock pile was steeper and longer because that's where a lot of them went down. If you lost any momentum it was not good. And the log pile was tough too.

I could probably do without the chicken races at half time. It was not that entertaining, it just made me hungry for a chicken sandwich.

Robmicgrn

It was total chaos. Somewhat entertaining, but total chaos. Nobody made it thru unscathed.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

greatbuffalo

Talked to a guy today who raced in this event and said the same thing.....CHAOS!