News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2017 trail map

Started by Fletch, February 02, 2017, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

picked up my 2017 trail maps, also available on Avenza, looks like they have added some more single track. Hopefully this continues! 8575 has almost doubled in length, running all the way to Nemo. there are a few other additions as well.. working on putting a nice loop together and hoping for spring!!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

I will have to get some maps ordered.  I can't wait to get down to Deadwood in June for some great riding and new friends.

tannerc

Quote from: Fletch on February 02, 2017, 12:40:08 PM
picked up my 2017 trail maps, also available on Avenza, looks like they have added some more single track. Hopefully this continues! 8575 has almost doubled in length, running all the way to Nemo. there are a few other additions as well.. working on putting a nice loop together and hoping for spring!!

Awesome, Nice to see they are adding more! BHNF is way behind on blue trails. there should be over 150 miles of single in the hills and we are at half that. They need some connections between 44 and between nemo and ~robouax~ lake.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

8575 has Nemo to robaix covered. 

atrisk5

On Avenza what is the name of the map you downloaded?
I live in Custer. Do the trails Bluebird, Richardson and Hawkwright see a lot of people? I only see post about Nemo.

Lonesome Dave

For the BH area, you can download both MVUM maps and the Black Hills Visitor map for avenza.  The visitor map is 5 bucks per side.  The same map at the forest service same price at 10 bucks.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

there are 3:
2017MVUM:
Hell canyon ranger district
Mystic ranger district
Northern hills ranger district

all free.

atrisk5

Thanks. I use Avenza for everything

locopny

Ok...I'll ask the technically challenged question...
What is  Avenza?

I have evolved from writing on the screen with a crayon, but it seems to progress (much) faster than I keep up.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Fletch

http://www.avenza.com/

there is an app that allows you to have the maps on your phone and have GPS trakcing.. works pretty good.

KLC63

What's the link for the maps please?
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Fletch

download the app, click on store on the bottom, then the search icon in the upper right, type in black hills MVUM and they will show up as pins on a map, click it and hit install.

KLC63

Thanks Mike. Are these different than the ones on the forest service?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fletch

I think they are the FS ones. look identical to me? I like the fact that the GPS works so you know where you are.. I'm lost a lot...

KLC63

I just wondered because the FS has the downloads for free.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk