News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Bought a new toy........

Started by JoniJo, November 25, 2011, 04:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

A very clean (3,000 miles) 1997 Honda XR650L from a guy in Kansas.

I'll pick it up next week.   ;D              JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Hank

Congrats!   Looks brand spankin' new.

agspecialties

Why did you get rid of your KLX bike, and buy that big pig???????? :o :o :o :oThat thing is just going to get you.

JoniJo

I love that big pig!!!!
If it's going to get me.....so be it.   :o
No more single track for me I guess.......   ;D

I feel the need for THUMPER!!!!!!!!!!   ;)   :evil   8)          JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

NDave

welcome to the wonderfull world of the 650 single     power on demand  seldom in the wrong gear 

JoniJo

.........in my garage....... Man am I pumped!!!!!!!    8)     JoniJo

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

loingrader

Awesome ride Joni and so much more fun off road than a big expensive trump or bimer.  Congrats
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Osnabrock

Nice purchase.
You can't beat the air cooled Honda's for simplicity and reliability. 
Enjoy
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Dratharr

Wow, that thing looks almost brand new!

NICE BIKE!

greatbuffalo

Very cool, Joni.

I had a friend that was a desert racer for years and these are the bikes that carried him thousands of miles. They are a great bike. Some will argue that it is not liquid cooled but Honda says, "if it ain't broke, why fix it."

Can't wait to ride with you on some tamer stuff.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

Congrats Joni! Glad to see you didn't give up on the dirt.  :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

iceycold

Sweet looking ride, the thumper world is a great world to live in for sure. It's the anywhere anytime thing that does it for me.  I miss the DR the most here in Florida but that's my fault for leaving it in SD, should have rode it down here. Enjoy as I'm sure you will.
DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

sdturborider

I guy in Tennessee traded his XR650L in last year because it had 100,000 miles on it. He got a new one for a Trans Am Trail ride and when he was done with that rode south through California and back to Tn.  They are a great bike!  I went a little more radical with the XR650R for less weight.  Thumpers rule! Happy riding.
XR650R XR250R XR200R Z50RD CX500TC CL350 CB350

greatbuffalo

sdturborider, thats quite a milestone for a one lunger bike. I do certainly believe it.

I see its your first post, Welcome to the group. :)
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

JoniJo

Thanks everyone for support.
I just bought a set of Ranger Dirt-Bagz for the XR. They were a demo set that sat on a showroom bike so I saved about $60.00!    ;D
I'll see ya'all in the spring if not sooner.      :cheers

JoniJo         

http://www.dbzproducts.com/
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson