News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

1997 XR650 for sale?

Started by JoniJo, September 15, 2012, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Just wanted to let all the great foks out at Mountain Meadow that I'm OK.
I can't lift anything over 16 ounces but that seems to be a magic number right now! I had an absolute blast 'til about 2 in the afternoon

Wanna get serious for a moment. My neck is shot. It's been steadily going downhill for the last couple of years. I'm not considering selling my bike 'cuz I ate a little South Dakota dirt. If my ortheopeadic surgeon knew that I rode off-road he'd put me in a staight jacket.

Can you say Spasmodic Torticollis?
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/spasmodic-torticollis/DS00836

If anyone is is interested in the XR please let me know. Great bike!!!!!!!!!! We'll be in Rapid 'til tomorrow morning

Love to you all! I really mean that.............................................JoniJo   :-*

Cell - 402-830-7906

P.S $2,500? OBO

...........maybe I shoud get a TW200????????
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

The Yeti

WHA??????

What happened Joni? Are you alright? Another big crash???????

Hope everything is OK.......
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

JoniJo

OK....here's the straight poop.
We were on the simplest quad trail you can imagine. Nice little two track with a little tufts of grass growing in the middle.
So, here I am doing the good rider thing and checking on the rider behind me. I look back for a moment and BAM, Im sucking South Dakota dirt. A rock about the size of a bowling ball (am I right on this GB?) sitting in that nice little innocent grass yanks the bars out of my hands and I'm eating terra firma.

Keep in mind I haven't been to the doctor yet.

At least one broken rib
Bruises in places i didn't know I had places
A knot on my thigh about the size of a softball. It burns like hell when I touch it.

Hank, most graciously, offered to give me a ride back to Rapid, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I've got to make it back on my own. I should've taken you up on that ride Hank!

When I get to Omaha, I'll have things checked out.

Thats about it. I always seem to crash on the first morning of the Fall Rally!

Love you "guys"                                                    JoniJo

P.S. Please tell Brad his name is Brad! He'll understand.
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

loingrader

Quote from: JoniJo on September 15, 2012, 11:31:50 AM
Just wanted to let all the great foks out at Mountain Meadow that I'm OK.

...........maybe I shoud get a TW200????????

glad to hear you are ok joni. 

don't knock that tw200 idea until you try it!  you won't be able to ride so fast on the little thing and it will bring a great big smile to your face, plus you will still get to hang out with us and take in some beautiful scenery!

t-dubs are awesome, and hard to get in trouble on one!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

Man, your the person who i never get to see long enough to visit with. You need to start skipping the first day and start on the second....  hope you heal well.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

ryani

I recently fixed up an 87 TW.  It was great little bike.  I rode all last winter.  Unfortunately I had to thin out the herd in the garage and the little TW was one of them that went.  Great all purpose machine.  Grocery getter throw one of the kids on the back.  Heck the oldest an I ventured out on lake mitchell this winter with it. 
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

plumber mike

I'm learning earlier than I wanted to that we only get one body and need to take care of it (not a lecture but a personal observation) I tend to forget that at a DDSR rally. Get well Joni!!! We enjoy having you around. I wish I could buy that bike to save you from you( or wind up in the same boat as you), but the little one is going to private school this year.

JoniJo

Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes!
Hope to see you all in the Spring!      Joni    ;D
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson