News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Black Hills Ride Report on ADV

Started by The Yeti, May 29, 2009, 11:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Great pics, in-depth history, and some really cool places to see in the hills (many of which, I've never heard of).

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465632

Cannonshot sez he's gonna upload some GPS tracks for his trip later in the thread. I'd love to explore some of these areas during the June rally.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

this is an awesome post.  he must do a lot of research.  really brings the area alive.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Jared

Cool to see all those local places!

Who is the Thursday night crew from Rapid he mentions seeing at the Sugar Shack?

Sportfaller

Hey Yeti, Cannon and I have been talking, and I volunteered to fill in the sections that he couldnt ride due to snow this spring. mostly around Tinton and cement ridge.  maybe we cam plan a weekend ride to fill in his photo log!   thanks for the great ride saturday too!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

Quote from: Sportfaller on June 29, 2009, 08:23:25 AM
Hey Yeti, Cannon and I have been talking, and I volunteered to fill in the sections that he couldnt ride due to snow this spring. mostly around Tinton and cement ridge.  maybe we cam plan a weekend ride to fill in his photo log!   thanks for the great ride saturday too!

Sounds like fun, I've veen wanting to explore more of that area. We tried, and failed, to find Cement Ridge lookout a couple weeks ago. Also, want to go through the Grand Canyon of the Black Hills. When's he coming back?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"