News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Arkansas to Minnesota on Oct 12 2009 WAS IT COLD

Started by Rod, October 14, 2009, 08:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

Went to Arkansas to do some roads and had a great time. Mena.Hot Springs.Bull Sholes and back to Minnesota on Monday. Highways 125 ,123 ,412 were the best. The 1150 GS ran great in the cold and rain but was it dirty when I got home.

plumber mike

:pics

Tell us about your gear too. Heated?

Sounds like fun.

Mike

Rod

I kept warm by wearing my aerostitch suit,rain gloves,heated vest and $12.00 wind pants and jacket over the top. The temperture was about 43 degrees in the morning then it would go up to about 54 by noon and then back down. On the way home we ran on interstate 29 from KC  to Worthington MN  and the temp was down to 33 the last 100 miles or so. Oh I also have heated grips . We did about 2300 miles in 6 driving days with one day off at Hot Springs do to heavy rains and wanting to enjoy the Hot Springs baths. .One BMW crash with the windshield and handle bars broken off and one triumph slid down the highway with faring and bag damage . Some pictures are on the web at pushmountainpic under dual sport. I am the one with the mohawk  picture number 86
Rod

Rod

push mountian pics on Oct 11 2009 under  sport touring picture number 28 or 86 depending on the screen used