Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Barn Bike Buildoff results and photos

Started by Lee Bruns, August 22, 2010, 08:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Bruns

Three posts there of photos.
Five participants.
No claim, but all bikes had to be 25 years old or older.
First challenge was to cook a meal using ingredients provided and only use their bike for the heat source. Daggy used his exhaust and it worked really well. Kind of a jiffy pop popcorn style set up.
Each timed road section was a mass, GP style start, dead engine. Made the math really easy at the checkpoints.
John was on a GL1100 Interstate
Jim Weatherhead on a 850 Norton Commando
Neil Smith on Krevins old R75/6 that has been changed into more of a GS.
Dave Webber on a vintage SL350 and Daggy on what used to be my TS185 (He promises to only sell it back to me if he parts with it).
Then a hill climb (Yes the GL1100  and the Norton did attempt it), then a service challenge (battery removal) and then a MX race. We filled up their fuel at Bobs farm and filled them again at the finish to compare fuel economy. Best was the Norton 850 for fuel use, worst was the TS185.
   HUGE fun. Next year I have a plan which would allow all year bikes to compete and still nto have an insurmountable edge over the vintage bikes. We'll see

http://www.network54.com/Forum/152868/message/1282485129/Barn+Bike+Buildoff+Enduro+results+and+photos

plumber mike

I wanted to reply, but I just don't know what to say ;D

Lee Bruns

yep, that about sums it up.

Last year we had three participants, this year five.
Hells, maybe we'll hit ten next year.

The Yeti

Wow! That looks like it was just fun-as-sh*t!  Love the Goldwing on the hillclimb. And being a cook at heart, I loved the "Iron Chef" competition....hilarious!

Good on ya!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Lee Bruns

last year one of the challenges was inspired by the millions of small motorcycles that are used for utility hauling in countries like Indonesia. The challenge was called BEasts of Burden. Ever see those photos of a guy with like, 40 chickens strapped on his bike? Well the challenge on our event was to see how many stuffed animals you could get on your bike, then haul them from South Shore SD over to Waverly SD using only your bike and a 20 foot long piece of rope that we provided. Dave Samborski hauled 100 of them.