News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab 2011

Started by jacin theis, May 17, 2011, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

We'll we did it. Hope those who made it had a great time, and those who didn' plan for next year. Yes, we all have already planned that next year there will be a second annual DDSR Moab trip. Thanks to Jerry and David who not only had the most excellent site set up, but also hosted a really great welcome meal for everyone. Also thanks to Matt for his great guiding. We rode a lot of fun stuff, with a lot more to do next year. We will al let Josh tell why we have downgraded from helicoptors to ambulances. He did let Plumber Mike ride his "not so new anymore" 800 back from Moab. ;)
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

jacin theis

I will try to get a share site up to post my photos. Anyone should be able to add to it, or get any of the photos they want.
1100 GS

plumber mike

You didn't waste any time. I just had to have a nap in my BED.

jacin theis

1100 GS

jacin theis

1100 GS

The Yeti

I'm not seeing any pics   ???

Quote from: jacin theis on May 17, 2011, 03:48:47 PM
We will al let Josh tell why we have downgraded from helicoptors to ambulances. He did let Plumber Mike ride his "not so new anymore" 800 back from Moab. ;)

WTF???  Is he OK?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

jacin theis

wierd, the pics show to me. might need some technical help. Josh is fine, his pride is a little bruised though. He highsided while coming down the mountain into Castle Valley on some asphalt. Smashed his shoulder pretty good, scrambled his mellon, and broke in his bike the hard way with around 1200 miles on it. After an abulance ride, a CT scan and xrays, he was released. We loaded Mikes bike in his pickup, and Mike road Josh's bike with me on a senic 500 mile loop trough Colorado. The nice thing is he didnt crash ion some remote area, the bad part is that he crashed with an injury. Still, all in all, lots of fun. We hope to get more people to come next year. I know the date was early with school age kids for some, but it was already boardering on too hot for many of us.
1100 GS

The Yeti

Man, that's a bummer!  Heal quick Josh! Good to hear the GS is still ride-able though.

Jacin - where are your pics hosted?  Maybe you could post a link for me. Thx.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

greatbuffalo

Glad you guys had a great time, sorry to hear about the wreck. I'll try to be in for next year. thats one place I've always thought about but never got to.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

David

Jacin, your photos look great. Good to hear Josh is okay. I will try to get some of my pictures posted soon. I know my dad and I both really enjoyed the trip and appreciate the planning you did to get us all down there at the same time.

plumber mike

These were the last two pics in my camera ??? I'll get more up soon. A HUGE THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME TOGETHER TO MAKE FOR A GREAT AND MUCH NEEDED VACATION.

plumber mike

....and a big thanks to the man who planted the seed at the fall rally....a true adventure rider.

plumber mike

....and a big thanks to Gerry and David for finding THE finest campsite in Moab. This was a warm welcome after a 750 mile journey.

....and thanks for the great supper after a long day on the road.

plumber mike

.....and a big thanks to Matt for his over the top planning and navigation skills. We got to do some great rides, but we haven't even tapped in to what the area has to offer.And a big thanks goes out to Matt's wife for the fine accomodations at "Beach Snook" It's a perfect in between spot for weary DDSR riders going to and from Moab ;D

plumber mike

....and to those who didn't make it. YOU MISSED OUT :P We really do have an awesome group of really great people. Even the "Pedal Heads" were all great guys ;) I'm exicted for next year already.

.....Number Two. Hope your OK. Sorry you couldn't make it.