News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab 2011

Started by jacin theis, May 17, 2011, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumber mike

I can't believe people were mountain biking this :o It was a workout on the MC's

Sportfaller

I'm back at work today, but not doing a lot, very stiff today. ATGATT, saved my ass!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

plumber mike

Lost and found- Is someone missing a little Cabela's chair? Come to the spring rally to claim it  :D

The Yeti

Hey, I can see Mike's pics just fine!  Soooo, when are we doing this next year?  Around the same time?  I would love to start planning now so I can maybe get away from work and do it.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

greatbuffalo

My thoughts exactly.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

OK guys, i have almost completed a share site at shutterfly. the site is:  http://ddsrmoab2011.shutterfly.com/

password is "dualsport"

I will have it completed tonight i hope. you are all welcome to upload all your photos there. that way we can all print or download from the same location.

I think next year same time or a week earlier. We had tough weather getting there, but it was already close to too hot. Mike and i are already planning to haul more bikes and gear, allowing anyone who wants to ride to do so with out a large load. It also was great for the recovery for Josh.
I also will vote to stay at a campground in town. The river site was AWSOME, but i do like my showerevery day. i think it will also help us to all get on the traisl before 10:00 each day. "Motivate" as Matt would say!

I would also suggest everyone plan to have a mesh armored jacket or compression suit. A few of us got lax and rode in jerseys and t-shirts, but after the speeds we ran and Josh's crash, i will not do so again.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

Sharesite at Shutterfly is up!

Sportfaller, Cant get it to open, can you add them to the share site at
http://ddsrmoab2011.shutterfly.com/pictures
password is : dualsport.

We can all use this site to collect all the photos.

Thought about seeing how you were when i drove through Hill City today. hope you feel better soon. What did your insurance agent say?
1100 GS

David

I just added all the photos my Dad and I took on the days we rode together to the Shutterfly site.

David

One picture I wish I had to add was what a local was up to on one of the rock crawling trails we passed when dropping the mountain bikers off for their ride.

Luckily I found a video of the same guy to share.  :)

greatbuffalo

Now thats funny....I don't care who ya are!  ;D ;D ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Thanks for sharing photos David, you guys took some great shots. I love the video!   Now we need to get Rich's, Josh's, Mikes, and Matt's.   I dont thinnk Matt will post the crash aftermath until Sportfaller gives him permission. Privacy issues you know......
1100 GS

The Yeti

Great pics everyone!  Really makes me want to get out to that area (I've never been).

Jacin - what camera are you using?  Those are some really great shots.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Sportfaller

my pics are up, Matt, you can go ahead and post the crash pics, I'll share my hard earned knowledge of protective equipment!
Josh

jacin theis

Yeti, i use a Cannon Rebel XTI. It definatly can do more than i can. There is a rock skyline photo in there that David and my friend Tony did a 14 minute exposure of. The desert sky at night was awesome.
1100 GS