News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Yeti Update

Started by The Yeti, June 11, 2014, 05:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Hey All,

I know I've been pretty scarce around here lately....my apologies to Hank for leaving him to take the reins on the sign up thread and all the rally planning. :( I always sort of enjoyed that sort of thing.

Not sure if I've had a "change of life" or what....I've rode both my bikes a total of 4 times in the last 2 years!  :o

Looking back on some of my old threads here I never thought I would say this, but.....I think my excitement for the off-roading has waned to the point that I may sell my WRR this summer. I still haven't rode it this year (wasn't running most of last year, had to get a new fuel pump). It's ready to ride, it just seems that there's always something keeping me from going.

Also, I've had some health issues the last couple years (non-life threatening) that keep cropping up, add that to the annoying pain in my back that's a constant reminder of my Big Crash in June of '10, and the fact that I haven't been riding and my confidence level has pretty much dropped to zilch. I'm hoping that changes after the first ride of the season.

Anyways, I won't be camping at the June rally this year but I hope to at least make it up for a ride or two....nothing too technical though, OK? Treat me like a noob!

And not like I was treated at my very first rally when Brian took all us poor, ignorant noobs down Camp 5 with our giant-ass bikes either.  ::)  I'll never forget that experience, but I don't ever want to relive it!

"Oh, it's not that bad." "That was the worst bit, it's gets much easier up ahead!" "Oh, you'll be fine on that nine-fiddy!" "Just a little hillclimb left." And on, and on, and on.......

About 2 hours later (yes, it took us 2 hours to get through Camp 5) I realized it was ALL BS!  :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Fletch

Dirt bike friends are the best liars ever!!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

loingrader

Sell the wrr.  Buy an old tw200 (may need some tall bars and a thicker seat for that Yeti frame).  Rediscover the joy of the dirt.

Great to hear from you buddy!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Hey Alan nice to hear from you.    Sorry you're not riding much these days, but life does have a way of changing!

I won't make the rally this year, which really sucks, but I might catch you another time!

greatbuffalo

I know all the healthy issues getting in the way. This year have made a conscious decision to not let those things get in the way of enjoying life.

Hope to see you at the rally.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Hey Alan, good to hear from ya.  8)

Also, I want to point out something, now that Hank isn't coming and if you don't show, I think this will be the first rally that one of the original members has not made it.  Unless loingrader shows up?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

grubbie

Glad I'm not the only one.... barely rode at all this year. Had an injury that slowed me down this year (and possibly future years), a couple of spills last year that shook my confidence a bit.....maybe I'll get some of it back this year, we'll see. It's a shame, it was you guys that got me riding again after many years hiatus, and I'm already starting to slow down. No worries,.....as long as Im on two wheels it can be trails or gravel and Im happy. I just find that rough hill climbs are starting to make me think twice. Hope to see you there Alan.

Lonesome Dave

Grubbie, I can always use company at the back of the pack!  We're real friendly back there.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

The Yeti

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 11, 2014, 10:37:35 PM
Hey Alan, good to hear from ya.  8)

Also, I want to point out something, now that Hank isn't coming and if you don't show, I think this will be the first rally that one of the original members has not made it.  Unless loingrader shows up?

Just to clarify - I am NOT an original member. I started with the 2nd June rally (I think). Hank and Bret are OG along with Brian (flexlarson), Ryan (littlejacket) and Chad (fringefan), who have disappeared from the forums.

Quote from: grubbie on June 11, 2014, 11:26:11 PM
Glad I'm not the only one.... barely rode at all this year. Had an injury that slowed me down this year (and possibly future years), a couple of spills last year that shook my confidence a bit.....maybe I'll get some of it back this year, we'll see. It's a shame, it was you guys that got me riding again after many years hiatus, and I'm already starting to slow down. No worries,.....as long as Im on two wheels it can be trails or gravel and Im happy. I just find that rough hill climbs are starting to make me think twice. Hope to see you there Alan.

Maybe you and me could head up the "chicken-sh*t" crew and just ride the old-man trails (covered in kevlar).....I'd be happy with that. :)

Sometimes I think that if I wasn't pushing myself to keep up with the big boys I'd have a better time out there....one of the reasons I like to mostly ride alone. Peer pressure can be a b*tch.

Quote from: loingrader on June 11, 2014, 06:10:22 PM
Sell the wrr.  Buy an old tw200 (may need some tall bars and a thicker seat for that Yeti frame).  Rediscover the joy of the dirt.

Great to hear from you buddy!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You made this same recommendation right after the Big Crash....something to consider for sure. Let me know if you see one pop up for sale!

Quote from: Hank on June 11, 2014, 07:01:12 PM
Hey Alan nice to hear from you.    Sorry you're not riding much these days, but life does have a way of changing!

I won't make the rally this year, which really sucks, but I might catch you another time!

Thanks Hank. So, you moving out this way or what? It wasn't clear from your moving thread if you've decided to or not. If you do, we definitely need to ride even if it's just pavement. ;)

NDave

good on you Yeti    i'll ride in the back of the pack with you        hey Grubbie  can we talk Heidi  out of some sloppy joes om sat nite?   I got tater salad for both nites      buns  and chips and dip and  vegies   could be brought by the  rest of the group           

what do tou think LD  if someone showed up on a orange KLR  would the cool kids let them ride with them?

I got some stuff for a flea market table      MX boots    full face helmet     frogtogg rain suit

My guess is 47.5 people attending

I know we are not a official   org    but how many posts does it takes to be a full member?

Fletch

Quote from: NDave on June 12, 2014, 02:08:41 PM

My guess is 47.5 people attending

how did you know I was coming??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Quote from: The Yeti on June 12, 2014, 09:40:00 AM
Just to clarify - I am NOT an original member. I started with the 2nd June rally (I think). Hank and Bret are OG along with Brian (flexlarson), Ryan (littlejacket) and Chad (fringefan), who have disappeared from the forums.

I thought you showed up the first year?     I know there was more than just the 5 of us.
I keep in touch with Ryan, Brian and Chad a little bit, but yeah I wish they'd come back!    I don't even remember how it all started, other than we had an MSN (or something) group.    Don't know how or where that really started.

Thanks Hank. So, you moving out this way or what? It wasn't clear from your moving thread if you've decided to or not. If you do, we definitely need to ride even if it's just pavement. ;)

Still unknown!   We have to sell our house, and stuff is still pending.   If we move, we'll be riding!

Bogus Jim

Would be nice to see you riding again Alan, but in the end you've gotta trust your feelings and what they're telling you.

If you don't feel like riding you could just set up the RV at the campground and party. Dude.  ;D

Hank

Quote from: NDave on June 12, 2014, 02:08:41 PM

I know we are not a official   org    but how many posts does it takes to be a full member?

50 posts is the next level.   I changed names :)

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on June 12, 2014, 03:11:20 PM
Quote from: The Yeti on June 12, 2014, 09:40:00 AM

I thought you showed up the first year?     I know there was more than just the 5 of us.
I keep in touch with Ryan, Brian and Chad a little bit, but yeah I wish they'd come back!    I don't even remember how it all started, other than we had an MSN (or something) group.    Don't know how or where that really started.

Still unknown!   We have to sell our house, and stuff is still pending.   If we move, we'll be riding!

I know it was at the FnF and there was about 15-20 riders the first time I came. I did not camp, just rode. I think that was 2008, but 2007 was the first year I thought....I could be wrong though.