News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Dakar Rally 2015

Started by Lonesome Dave, December 30, 2014, 07:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Just reminding everyone, this year's Dakar starts January 4, 2015.  And, here's TV listings for those who aren't going this year, so you can at least watch it or record it.
The first TV coverage begins...

Mon.   January 5, @ 1630 hours on NBC Sports Network
Tues.  January 6, @ 1630 hours
Wed.  January 7, @ 1600 hours
and                        1630 hours
Thurs. January 8, @ 1630
Friday January 9,  @ 1600
and                     @ 1630
Sat.  January 10,  @ 0600 hours
Sun. January 11,  @ 0600 hours
Mon. January 12,  @ 1630 hours

That's all they have listed right now and the times are not necessarily your local times.  They usually run the show at the same time everyday, except weekends, until the finish on the 17th. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

All ready got the DVR set. Who are you rooting for?
Cars: Carlos Sainz
Bike: Olivier Pain
Truck: Gerard De Rooy
Quad: Joan Barreda Bort

Wouldn't mind seeing Stéphane Peterhansel win either. He was quite successful on 2 wheels and is Carlos Sainz's team mate in a Peugeot car this year. Seems like there is only one US bike rider this year, a Narino Anotonia. Someone I've never heard of. There is Mike Johnson as well I see. There have been a few bright spots from the US riders in the past few years but since Kurt Caselli was killed and Jonah Street woosed out, in my opinion, there hasn't been an American even close. Would be cool to see someone from the US rise to the top and give us something to cheer about.
Ther
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

BCB1080

THANK YOU! for the heads up and times. I will arm the DVR for some rally goodness.

Hank

I will be setting the DVR too, if I get that channel.  Thanks!

Fletch

Found a nice app.  Dakar 2015. To help keep track I'm predicting a KTM win ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Anyone know the status of Tony Gera? He's a young US kid supposedly riding a KTM 690 that's been de-stroked to meet the 450cc requirement. Rally Raid did the work, it's called the LC4-50.

Funding is always an issue for these solo riders... I see him in the competitor list so assume he's riding?

greatbuffalo

I had gone through the list and missed a few US riders. I did see back in October that Gera was trying to raise funds but haven't heard anything since. He doesn't appear to have a proper website either. his FB page is stagnant as well. There is apparently a crowd source type effort but its hard to raise money when you don't get your name out there.  I remember when Jonah Street was raising funds, his name was everywhere, had a solid online presence, lots of personal appearances and even raffled off and sold a kitted out bike.

greatbuffalo

2 Honda's in front. I know its just day 2, but how Cool would it be if KTM lost? Just Askin'

Robmicgrn

1 Honda in front. The next four bikes are KTM's with less then a two minute spread between 1st and 2nd.  8)
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on January 05, 2015, 11:46:41 AM
2 Honda's in front. I know its just day 2, but how Cool would it be if KTM lost? Just Askin'

They've had what, a 12 year winning streak? It has to happen at some point. But not this year.  ;)

greatbuffalo

It will be interesting to see if hubris plays a roll in all the classes. If the first 2 days start repeating themselves it could be interesting. I'm really disappointed in the performance of the Peugeot. I expected with there history in all things rally that they would do well. The car looks to limbering along and needing to be thrown into the corners. It has nowhere near the planted appearance of the Mini's. They may get that sorted out.

Fletch

I was expecting more from Pain and the Yamaha.. but it is early things always change along the way.

Fletch

Wow!! Laia Sanz pulled of a 8th place in todays stage making her the fastest woman by far...

in other news Coma is in second overall, only 12:49 down on the lead Honda. :)

greatbuffalo

Well, my Dakar is not doing well. Carlos Sainz crashed out and Joan Berreda had bad salt water in electrics problems.

On a very bright note, Liai Sanz took a 5th place the other day. That girl can ride.

Fletch

Sanz is amazing, I think I'm in love.... And Coma has moved to the #1 spot.. ;D