News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Dakar Rally 2015

Started by Lonesome Dave, December 30, 2014, 07:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I was thinking the same thing about her. I've always wanted a women that could keep up with me or even one that would ride with me. To have one that could kick my back side from coast to coast??? I don't know. Would be fun to try. once. When you look at her photos, not only could she kick your backside on the trail, but I bet she could make you watch what she wants to watch on a Friday night. :'(
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

Looks like Coma gained a couple more minutes in stage 10. Anything can happen but I think the race is between Coma and the #2 Honda. Everyone else is 30+ minutes behind.

The rider from Mongolia has accumulated 19 hours of penalties... how on earth do you do that? He must be using the DDSR method of navigation.

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on January 14, 2015, 01:41:09 PM
Looks like Coma gained a couple more minutes in stage 10. Anything can happen but I think the race is between Coma and the #2 Honda. Everyone else is 30+ minutes behind.

The rider from Mongolia has accumulated 19 hours of penalties... how on earth do you do that? He must be using the DDSR method of navigation.

LOL.. he must navigate like I do??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

Probably has a Garmin 60CSX duct taped to his fairing.....

Fletch

To bad for Barreda, he is obviously the fastest rider, but the Dakar is unforgiving. Will be interesting to see if Coma can hold onto his lead until the finish.

Fletch

So, I'm thinking what would happen if you put Laia Sanz on a factory KTM???

Osnabrock

Quote from: Fletch on January 15, 2015, 08:47:55 PM
So, I'm thinking what would happen if you put Laia Sanz on a factory KTM???
In my opinion, she's one of the best no mater what she's riding.  She's raced many brands.  KTM has been one of them.  She rode KTM in endurocross for a while recently.  Why they didn't give her a ride for Dakar.... I dont know.
What's impressive is that she's way up there in the standings ever since she started racing off road.....
I think it shows that a racer is just a racer.  Support helps, but it all comes down to the rider's sensibilities.
I fear that she may have taken some of the competition out of the female bike competitors because she's so good.
Ludivine Puy and Tina Meyer were her competitors a few years ago, but, with her success they moved into other forays.
She's still got a lot in her.  Most rally racers don't peak until their 30's and I don't think she's there yet.
Go Laia!
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: greatbuffalo on January 14, 2015, 08:49:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing about her. I've always wanted a women that could keep up with me or even one that would ride with me. To have one that could kick my back side from coast to coast??? I don't know. Would be fun to try. once. When you look at her photos, not only could she kick your backside on the trail, but I bet she could make you........................................................watch what she wants to watch on a Friday night. :'(

Whew, that was close, thought I was on the wrong site!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Os, you make a good comment. She is just a good racer, period! She did very well in Trials, Enduro, and now Rally raid. She is a sensible, slid rider that doesn't seem to make as many mistakes as her male counterparts. I do think there is something to be said about the comfort that comes with a factory ride, but we see from Coma that he will throw away tires or beat his bike to breaking because he knows that the next KTM rider to come along, factory or not, has to give up whatever he needs. I thought I was mistaken when I heard that but went back and checked. KTM says; anybody that rides a KTM in the rally, that gets ANY corporate assistance, is obligated to give their golden boys anything they want or need. And corporate assistance can mean anything as small as advice or competition factory parts, even the ones they pay for. 

Fletch

I was not trying to imply the KTM is a better machine, but rather the factory effort is the best in the Dakar. They have a lot of experience and a great record. the knowledge they have of the rally and the "golden boy" or girl in this case scenario could put her on top and I think that would be very cool!

greatbuffalo

I have to agree.

I was a bit incensed when during an interview with Coma at the marathon stage bivouac, He stated, "I use up my tires bad, I just have to go look at all the KTMs and chose the best tires, they have to give them to me." With a wry smile on his face. I understand the game but I hope Coma realizes at the end of this rally that he was NOT the best rider out there.

The guys that are the real heroes in this game get very little notice, the guys in the Malle Moto class. These guys go out and do the whole rally with only a box of parts and NO outside assistance. So while Coma, Berrada, and the other team riders are getting a hot meal and massage, these guys are out there wrenching. These are the unknown heroes of Dakar.

Fletch

Coma is a perfect example of why I think Sanz would be so impressive on the KTM team.  Coma is not the fastest guy, or probably even second fastest. But, he is most likely going to win. Such is the Dakar, so much more than simply being faster than the other guy. Give Sanz this advantage and ????

Bogus Jim

At the 1:00 minute mark in this video, you can see a factory KTM Dakar rider getting a massage. What a softy.

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/offroad/stories/1331699694262/behind-the-scenes-with-factory-ktm-at-dakar-rally-2015-bivouac

I posted this just so GB would get even more annoyed.  ;D

greatbuffalo

Yup, the prima donna himself.

Fletch

I wonder if I can talk my wife into playing Dakar factory rider tonight??