News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

put on the hippo hands

Started by Lee Bruns, January 01, 2014, 03:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Santana showed up with a box that has a big spider on it today.

Hank

I'll be ready to roll this weekend?    Anyone game?

Lee Bruns

Up for a river run on Sunday? Temps should be great!

Hank

Yep I'll be ready.    Could do an oval this weekend too.

Sent from my Pocket Altair 8800

Hank

I wonder if the Motocycle shop stocks ATV chains?

I'll need a trailer to haul the quad/blower rig too.   My snowmobile trailer would be perfect, but it's been commandeered by my brother in law.    I have an enclosed trailer but its a heavy pig and wouldn't be real convenient.  I suppose I could snitch the flat bed from work.

Lee Bruns

Just nab my trailer from The Motocycle shop. I keep it there so that it doesn't get buried in the snow here at the house. It'll haul an ATV REALLy nice. All aluminum, torsion bar suspension, drop tail ramp.

Hank

Well, I got the quad chained up, but its a bit big for Lee's trailer.   Blower is big!

Hank

I am pretty amazed at how well the studded tires get through the snow.    It was up to the footpegs in places and it just churns on through.      I hope I didn't do too much damage to my weed field / yard  ;D

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on January 11, 2014, 02:13:34 PM
Well, I got the quad chained up, but its a bit big for Lee's trailer.   Blower is big!

That is one bad ass setup!

Quote from: Hank on January 11, 2014, 02:28:19 PM
I am pretty amazed at how well the studded tires get through the snow.    It was up to the footpegs in places and it just churns on through.      I hope I didn't do too much damage to my weed field / yard  ;D

Awesome! a little lotion on the winter riding itch!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Dropped the blower off and put on the plow so it will fit on the trailer.   That should work fine, snow's not that deep.   Lets rock!

Hank

A little bit of today's fun.

Lonesome Dave

Oh hell you made that look easy.  And then the wheelie, I'm impressed.  And then, the last two seconds of video......now I know I can do it too.

Oh yea, is ice softer than dirt?  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lee Bruns

Crashing on ice is WAY better than crashing on dirt. More sliding. less whacking and crunching.

Hank

Oh I don't know.   Going off track is like crashing into.. well.. a snow bank and that's OK.     Hitting the ice has the advantage that you just slide it out and don't tend catch on anything, but the initial impact still hurts.    I'll have the armor on next time.  Elbows and hips seem to take some abuse.

Hank

And it is damn cool to have the traction to dial up a 3rd gear wheelie on ice!  :)