News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

just had to share

Started by Fletch, September 19, 2013, 02:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Harleys are just fine,  but some of the "riders"  drive me nuts.   Being dissed because you ride a Triumph Jap bike (lol)  is annoying.   Someday I'd love to have a street rod or night rod.    Of course the purists don't consider them "real".

I think the new Indians are also just gorgeous.    The detail on the engines is incredible.    Has anyone taken a test ride?   Polaris really did an amazing job,  27 months from when they bought the name to the first bikes sold.   Clean sheet design.

I hope having Indian,  Polaris will now broaden the victory line and maybe produce an adv style bike.   Wishful thinking most likely.

Sent from my Pocket Altair 8800

markwalker069

i rode the new Indians during the Rally this year. very impressive torque and power. I'd love to have one. my only complaint was the "ride-by-wire" had a bit of lag from idle. not noticeable once you are moving but taking off it was a bit strange. other RBW systems I've ridden were much more refined. overall, the bikes were fantastic though.
be safe and ride much.....

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on November 28, 2013, 08:19:51 AM
Harleys are just fine,  but some of the "riders"  drive me nuts.   Being dissed because you ride a Triumph Jap bike (lol)  is annoying.   Someday I'd love to have a street rod or night rod.    Of course the purists don't consider them "real".

I think the new Indians are also just gorgeous.    The detail on the engines is incredible.    Has anyone taken a test ride?   

I also took one for a cruise at Sturgis.
It was a nice looking bike, nice thick leather saddle, comfortable riding position for a Sunday ride.
111CI engine - It was all torque and all down low, really low. It did not like to rev, cranking on it while I accelerated for the interstate it got real vibey, blurry vision vibey. 
It rode nice, smooth (in its comfortable low rpm range), good suspension.
The electronics are nice, nice computer, cruise control etc...
But they have some refining to do on some things..
The thing that urked me the most was the power button..

What is this? an ipod?

If they had to have a power button it should have looked like this.

the Ultra Classic I rode was a better bike than the Indian, the 103 cvo would walk all over the 111, everything was much more refined.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Dr Psyko

My wife works for Polaris corporate now, and pretty cool company. When she was interviewing, they were very interested in her perspective on motorsports (they want to know this about all their hires, from bottom to top). This for a corporate headhunter! They loved to hear our garage was full of motorcycles and racing karts! She recently went on a tour of the Indian manufacturing plant, and got a sneak peak into one of their new secret projects. These guys are serious, enthusiastic, and commited; they're just getting started folks...
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

greatbuffalo

It just makes good sense that Polaris moved toward a DS oriented bike. Look at the rest of their product line. The sport and DS bikes are the only thing missing from a well rounded motorsport company. When I found out they had bought Klim I really thought it was just a short when they would introduce a more adventure style bike. Well, it has yet to be announced. We can hope.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?