Main Menu

Dakar 2016

Started by Fletch, January 05, 2016, 10:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryani

I've been  taping it at 12 midnight central on NBCSN
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

greatbuffalo

They are always a day behind. There is an app that you can follow in real time.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

Well 3 stages to go. Price has opened up a good lead and 7 of the top 15 bikes are of a certain orange color.   :P

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on January 13, 2016, 12:31:58 PM
Well 3 stages to go. Price has opened up a good lead and 7 of the top 15 bikes are of a certain orange color.   :P

if they pull it off I think it is their 15th consecutive win. pretty impressive, and I bet Honda is pissed!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I was really pulling for Goncalves and the Honda team. What a wild get off he had.

I think Price took a page from Coma's play book and took it pretty easy and wait for attrition. I've always thought I could win that dang race that way.  ;D

Laia Sanz's tweet yesterday about stopping the times stage in the middle was great, "Dakar has always been hard, we don't have to lower the bar to make sure that all the bikes make the arrival on time."

And what about Brabec? He has far surpassed what I thought Quin Cody was gonna do a few years back. Cody is a great rider but pretty weak in the head space. I don't think I've such a great rider get defeated by the mental side of the Dakar as he did. When the going got tough, he gave up.

Go El Matador! I really would have liked to see Loab take the win but knew when he got to the overland section he would be out of his element.

Fletch

Brabec is amazing in my opinion, the last few stages will be interesting.

Bogus Jim

Honda needs to make tougher radiators next year. Bike doesn't run well with a hole in the radiator.

Bogus Jim

Tomorrow's stage is 578 miles. So roughly speaking, Rapid City to Grand Junction CO.

Offroad in 1 day.

Bogus Jim

The battle for 3rd should be interesting tomorrow. About 4 minutes separate husky, yamaha, and honda. (3rd/4th/5th)

Looking like KTM wins it again unless Price and Svitko both crash hard.

Fletch

Wow, Price got screwed on stage 9!   How can that even happen?

greatbuffalo

He wasn't the only one. I think Brabec and a few others completed the stage as well.

Nice to see Yamaha come out with a win with Rodriguez and Hirvonen win with a Mini today.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

Looks like KTM needs a better radiator too. Ask Laia what she thinks about it.

Fletch

Haha.  Yea, that was a bummer I really wanted to see her in the top 10. 
I did like her comment about shortening the stage due to heat, she's the real deal!

Bogus Jim

Quote from: greatbuffalo on January 15, 2016, 11:21:00 PM
Looks like KTM needs a better radiator too. Ask Laia what she thinks about it.

I think Laia was just too hot for the bike, she made it overheat. KTM radiator has been good enough to win 15 times in a row so that can't be the issue.

Lonesome Dave

Is anybody having the same troubles?  On my recorder we have the Dakar listed several ways to make sure we get the recording.
I've been recording NBCSN, but here its Tuesday, I only have up through stage 10.  Nothing more.  We checked recording and nothing is listed.
Is anybody having the same problems?
Older - Wiser - Faster !