News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR stickers

Started by loingrader, August 12, 2008, 10:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

so i have no connections with places to get stickers, but i thought i would throw this idea out there. 

we need official ddsr stickers! 

i would like to see one oval shaped with DDSR in block letters inside it and a thick border around it.  (ala ADV stickers, or any of the european union stickers)  i would also like our web address visible on the sticker, like in the border surrounding the oval, so that when people see our bikes, they can see the sticker and the website, and check out what we are all about. 

this will be especially good advertising with our members living in the hills, as people actually stop and look at dual sport bikes out there.

anyone got suggestions, or a skill with design?  i may try to draw up something and post it, but wanted to get this ball rolling before our fall foliage ride.

-bret

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

I work with Photoshop pretty regularly for my job, so I could probably come up with something...let me work on it. If anyone has other suggestions, chime in!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

this isn't great, but about the best i can do.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

You guys know where to get them made up. Get me the info and I will order some.

I also thought the adv motorcycle sticker with a smiley face stick man on it and ddsr on the hard cases would be an awesome t shirt and sticker. Even thought thump, thump on the back would be neat. I am just an idea guy so when it comes up to the design portion I need some help.

Not sure if those KTM's are considered thumpers?

fringefan

I think I can get them through my work or through another plant. I know I can get the tshirts made so I will order up a few of those check on the stickers.

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on August 12, 2008, 12:10:10 PM
Not sure if those KTM's are considered thumpers?

I think to be a Thumper the bike can only have one cylinder.

fringefan

So your saying you would feel left out? ;)

Not  a problem  but I thought about revamoing my idea with the adv rider DS with the ddsr on the hard cases and put the sickl guy next to the bike with in  a captain morgan pose.

fringefan

I can have Bretts logo on tshirts embroidered for $15.00 s-xxl and if shipping is needed probably $3.00. Shirts are a good quality prewashed cotton t shirt and are not the cheap ones you get at walmart.

Working on stickers but that sticker looks to be around $4-5.00 min order 25. The more I order the cheaper they are.

If  interested please let me know so I can order them.

Jared

I'm not in for a sticker yet, still looking for a good place for my ADV sticker, but just wanted to comment on the logo --- I think the black outline should be thinner, and the DDSR letter should be slightly smaller to create more whitespace.

EDIT:
On another forum we have a saying, to suggest is to volunteer,  ;D so I made one to show kind of what I mean.  I only have Photoshop 5.0 so I can't curve text and stick it in the border like the ADV sticker.  If someone has a newer version of PS or Illustrator would be even better, that might be the way to go.

loingrader

if alan can make that logo look better (font, spacing, line thickness, etc.) i'd be all over some stickers, and a t-shirt as well.  we just need to make sure that the website stays on the sticker and t-shirts for advertising.

many of the cars in europe have stickers on them showing what country they are from.  the development of the european union has sorta dissolved some of the countries individuality, so people promote their home chunk of land with a sticker on the bumper. 

this is the look i was shooting for...   

http://images.cafepress.com/product/11037136v31_350x350_Front.jpg

i'm guessing that is where advrider got the idea. 

-bret

The Yeti

Sorry, haven't had time to mess with the logo yet, will try to come up with something this weekend. I do have PS CS2 and Illustrator.

What size are those prices for, Chad? Same as the ADV large?

T-shirts: you said embroidered...is that on left breast? What color t-shirts?

fringefan

Yes it is on the left brest but I actually want it in the middle about 10 inches accross. I told him a 2x4 sticker and he took that as I wanted it in the shirts as well.

Color does not really matter on the embroidery but if my plant in Boise has a cromoblast machine that is basically a inkjet for shirts an can be almost photo quality. Down fall to them is that is can only be done on white shirts. I have another plant in Billings that I think can screen print but I need to check into that. If I need to process locally I can as long as I can use my shirts.

Do up some ideas and we can talk 605-415-09 o nine

joedaddy

Don't have any cool ideas for stickers or shirts as I'm not very artistic  :( but I would definitely order both.

Hank

I'm in for a tshirt and a couple stickers.   I like the design.  My only concern would be that is maybe too closely mimic's ADVrider's sticker, but I don't really have a better idea either.

Jared

We could do something different too --