News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Motorcycle motorcycle trailer

Started by jacin theis, April 11, 2011, 07:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I sorta have the same problem?  I just inquired on a VFR forum if anyone had ever transplanted a Gen 3 or newer engine into a Gen 2 VFR frame and pretty much the only response was WTF are you thinking.   Now I'm pretty sure I have to do it.

jacin theis

Thanks Loingrader. i think thats why the group is so fun.        cant wait to meet you Hank. sounds like your garge would be great to view!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

I like your style Jacin, just putting in my 2 pence for the sake of discussion. Build the damn thing and roll on. Tranny and final drive be damned ;D ;D ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Greatbuffalo, you must ride a KLR! the cost is never an issue. actually there are never issues on a KLR. I hope it works out, it might stop me from getting my anual speeding ticket crossing Wyoming.Lonesome Dave has a SWEET little welder trailer he found. Too heavy for behind the bike, but if  one of you is in the market for an awsome brands new trailer, lonesomedave is the man. 500-500 will buy it. Thansk for the help today Dave.
1100 GS

agspecialties

Go for it, i love learning from others mistakes.  ;D

That 4.00 gas is going to look pretty cheap if you blow your tranny in the GS. I have had a GS apart, that sucks!!! Plus missing the time of riding it when the thing is torn down in the garage.
Should just ride the WR out. That would be a story. I just bought a bike from a guy who rode a WR from KC to moab and back. Said it wasn't bad.

greatbuffalo

Jacin, no KLR for me at the moment, though would love to have one. I'm ridin a Triumph tiger. I want adventure bike with long legs as well as a good commuter so that was the tradeoff.

Keep us informed on the GS tow rig.

jacin theis

RIDE THE WR TO MOAB!?  and i'm the crazy one?  wonder if rick mayer makes a wr seat?  I agree that a blown tranny would suck, thats why i havent commited to this idea yet. thats also why i love the forum, you guys have a lot of great ideas and experience. I apprecite the feedback both ways and if i didnt want to get your honest opinions, i would ask. i will let you all know how it comes out. maybe i'll need a tow from Larimie......  For now i leave you with this to ponder. next discussion for a project?
1100 GS

JoniJo

Jacin,
I'm no expert, but I'd hate to see the tail waggin' the dog especially if it gets windy. Wanna borrow my Valkyrie???     ;D    JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

greatbuffalo

My son rode a "modded" GreenMachine around town for several years. He starts a Power Sports college program next fall and will have to do a project. I'll have to show him this pic. Thats freakin kewl!

jacin theis

well lets give him a real challenge. google this. there are some videos of this. looks interesting, but supper unsafe. sounds fun eh?   thanks for the offer Joni, but if your bike is there, i would prefer you were too! that would be fun.
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Now thats just plain stupid. I love it. I've seen many attempts at that before, none of them ending well. there is a guy who built one that has a variable gyro system that did better than most but haven't seen much about that one.

agspecialties

I watched a show on tv about the big round thing that the guy rides inside. What ever its called??? anyway, it showed him crashing pretty bad. He has been working on that thing like 20 years, has a little over 250,000.00 into it. Crazy shit, what people come up with. I just don't have that much time on my hands.

jacin theis

how many KLR's would $250,000 buy? that is stupid.Im all about building what i need, but there is a limit.  i bet that doesn't factor in his 20 years of labor either.
1100 GS

agspecialties

a whole lot of KLR's. Some people just don't know when to call it.

Lonesome Dave

Well 250k would buy 41.6666666666666 KLRs and a lot less BMWs !!  :evil
Older - Wiser - Faster !